Chapter 1 The New World

The day was normal as usual. Nothing new, but my boring everyday daily routine.

   I was under the comfy and warm blanket, sleeping soundly before my alarm clock rang throughout the nice silent room, getting rid of my fantasy hallucination. I opened my eyes half-way and groaned, sticking out my arm from under the blanket and shutting the alarm.

   I didn't want to get up. I wanted to stay there, staring at the ceiling above. My eyes were still drowsy from the deep sleep and my body was fighting against my mind about getting up. It was a fight between a cat and a mouse. A battle between the human body and the brain. The bed was too comfortable to leave it behind and the blanket so warm and cozy that who would even dare to get up, however, in the end, the mind won the fight.

   With a sigh, I stretched my back and got up. I headed straight to the restroom to get ready for the day. After getting out of the nice, warm shower I did the usual as anyone else would do. Brush my teeth, put on casual clothes; a pair of jeans and a T-shirt, and then comb my hair. I looked at the mirror in the restroom, staring at myself for a while; I noticed dark circles under my blue eyes from lack of sleep and my hair dark as the night sky.

   I headed out to get a quick breakfast and to the usual "good morning" from my mother, which I reply with the same response. I grabbed a piece of toast and took a bite out of it, munching down the piece and swallowing it as I grabbed my backpack. I walk up to the door about to open it, placing a hand around the knob.

   "Have a nice day at school!" I heard the sweet tone of my mother's voice.

   I turned to look at her. Her lips were curved up into a smile and her hair was styled into a bun, wearing her uniform for work. I simply nodded to her and walked out, closing the door behind me, mumbling, "Doubt it though..."

  I walked down the sidewalk, heading towards school while chewing on my toast. The crunch noises resound along the way, as I can taste and feel the crunchy texture of the plain toast. Soon enough, the building of the school appears in my sight.

   I was your average sophomore in high school. Mostly getting Bs or Cs, maybe an A once in a while. I tried my best to do all my work and turn the assignments in time. Studied once in a while for tests or quizzes. I had few friends, but the majority of them are online. I chatted with them as much as I could, when I'm bored, or not busy with life.

   My phone vibrates in my jeans' pocket. I grabbed the device and unlocked the screen to see a message from a close online friend named Julie. I tap on it and it opens up, showing the text she send to me;

   Julie: Hello Jax! How's your morning going so far?

   I slightly smile and type to respond, but before I could press send, I feel a huge impact against me, making me lose my balance and my cellular device to tumble out of my hands onto the floor.

   Laughter fills the air and the tension thickens around me. It was them again. The bullies from this high school. They're a small group of four, and the boss among them is named Mike Smith. He has blonde glossy locks and light baby blue eyes that every girl seem to fall for. He wore a leather jacket with a white shirt underneath along with a pair of jeans. He is the one who has made my school life once far like hell.

   I ignore the laughs and reach out to grab my phone, but he kicks it. My hand trembles as I watch my phone slithering away from me.

   "Pffft," I could hear him sneering at me and feel his evil stare glaring down upon me. "You're so pathetic. Look at you. Still texting your puny online friends, eh? Why don't you go get some real friends. Oh no, wait! Who would even want to be friends with a pathetic loser like you!"