Chapter 11

The sun started to shine in my eyes as I woke up. Scott was already gone. Probably downstairs packing his bags. He shouldn't have to leave his life here to stay with me.

    I take a shower and change into new clothes. Hearing his voice I go downstairs. That's when I see him putting his bags in the car. It was a three hour long ride to my home town.

    Scott knew I was behind him and turned around. I didn't want to leave Woodchester. Maybe it's a bad idea to let Scott go with me. His whole life is here.

    Smiling at him I go back inside so I could pack. Dreadfully walking up the stairs I go to my room to pack. Since I didn't have a lot of clothes it didn't take long. In seconds I'm back downstairs with my luggage.

    One look at me and he could tell I didn't want to leave. Promising myself I wouldn't cry over it. Scott takes my bag and puts it in the trunk.

    I couldn't keep my opinion to myself any longer. "Scott I don't think you should come with me," I blurted out.

    "Why? There's no way I'm letting you go alone."

    "Your whole life is here not with me."

    "See that's where you're wrong. You are my life Grace so I'm coming with you." Not fully recovered he kissed me.

    My arms go to his waist. Feeling his fingers in my hair pulling me closer. He was right about everything. No way can I live without him. On October 31th our path will be decided.

    He pulls back with a smile onhis face. We get in the car and begin our drive to Hendricks. My headache started after thirty minutes of driving. The voices began to appear in my head.

    "Someone's following you," they whispered. I squeezed my hands to my head. They couldn't have come at a worse time. Their words beating into my skull.

    Scott seemed to notice but kept his eyes on the road. Is it possible that Edgar has men following us? Staying vigilant I make sure I see no cars. Why does this keeping to us?

    An hour passed when Scott pulled into a hotel. A worried expression crossed his face. He knew we were being followed. Right when we pulled in we turned off the car and waited.

    Twenty minutes passed when a black van came by. They stopped searching and kept walking. We had an hour and a half before we reach Hendricks. I thought it was a good idea to wait an hour before getting back on the road.

    Chills went up my spine. People wouldn't be hurt at Woodchester. That's all that really matters. Finally we reach Hendricks the place I was raised in. And the darkness that came with the town.

    Only nine more days till the blue moon. As we kept driving around town I saw darkness in Scott's eyes. This place must have triggered a memory. The thought brought me to his parents.

    Our car haulted to a stop. The house was no other than my parents. All I could see was darkness surrounding it. White paint had come off from age. Flashbacks of childhood memories filled my mind.

    It was such a happy time and now its devastating. The memories turned black and I was back in reality. We got out and went inside. Everything was the same as I left it.

    Roaming around I saw pictures of me. My parents when we were together on trips. Choking back tears I kept looking. Dust now covered the frames.

    It was only noon and we had a lot to cover. Edgar ruined the memory that I loved most. My parents happiness, the love they gave me. All tarnished by him.