Chapter 5

A hand on my arm woke me up. Thinking it was Edgar I slapped him. The man stumbled back and glared.

    "Grace it's me, Scott."

    "It's really you. I thought you would never find me."

    "I will always find you." Jumping off the bed I run into his arms. I felt safe with them wrapped around me. He got the door to open and we left the building.

    A deep laugh followed behind us. Edgar was on our trail. Scott shielded me with his body. His growl merciful.

    "Did you really think I didn't know you were here?"

    "Oh I knew but I didn't care."

    "You're a traitor brother, you could have been with me."

    "You turned your back on us." Edgar raised his gun and shot Scott. The bullet hit his side, and just like that Edgar was gone.

    Scott slowly hit the dirty ground. Bending down I put pressure on the wound. The blood kept coming though.

    Tears were streaming down my cheeks. He lifted his hand to wipe away the tears. I couldn't live without him, he's my life.

    "You need to get out of here Grace."

    "No I can stop the bleeding," I sobbed.

    "It will be okay."

    "No it won't." Scott's breathing hitch and got softer.

    I brought all my focus on the wound. Pressing my hand on the wound I closed my eyes. It felt like a piece of me left and went to Scott.

    He sucked in his breath and sat up. His wound slowly healing like it was never there. Shock came across his face. I hugged him really tight with tears of joy in my tears.

    "You're alive Scott," I breathed.

    "How?"

    "I don't know, I concentrated on the wound. It felt like a piece of me left."

    "We're connected in body and soul now." We decided to discuss this more later. Getting in his car we drove to his place. It seemed his strength had fully returned by now.

    Sitting on the couch we hold each other. Happy to be alive and away from Edgar. My head rested upon his shoulder, hands together. He pushed my face up to look at him.

    His lips brushed mine softly. Passion went through me and I put my arms around his neck. His arms tightened, pushing me closer.

    We broke apart, our ragged breathing all we hear. "Move in with me," he whispered.

    "I will when do you want it done?"

    "Soon, but will you stay tonight Grace?"

    "Yes." Edgar was gone for now. Scott and me were all that mattered. We go to his room and lay on the bed.

    With our arms around each other we stay silent. An hour later Scott's asleep and I'm awake. Kissing his cheek I go to sleep with a smile.
    ******************************
    We had three weeks till the blue moon. Scott says Edgar won't show up till then. I hoped he wouldn't. Does he think that Scott's dead?

    What would Edgar do if he thought Scott was still alive? Probably try to kill him again. I will die before I let him kill Scott. Walking into the kitchen I see Scott.

    He looked stress over the computer. When he saw me he forced a smile to his lips. I on the other hand wasn't falling for it.

    "What's wrong Scott," I asked curiously.

    "I'm trying to figure out how our powers combined. Since it was before the blue moon."

    "Maybe that's a good thing. What if I can create my own path?"

    "Then that means the path for us has changed." Before I could ask why the phone rang. Scott got up to answer it. The call was from william, we needed to be at work.

    Going to the car we get in and drive to the station. William was waiting outside with a smile on his face. Reaching past Scott I hug William.

    "It's great to have you back."

    "I'm glad to be back." He looked up at Scott and glared.  I didn't know why so I ignored it.

    We walked inside and go to our stations. During the first hour of work hardly anyone called. Toward lunch time I got a phone call picking it up slowly I answer it.

    Deep breathing came from the other line. Then I heard a voice speak a soft whisper. I knew it was Edgar on the line. "Hello."

    "I see you got home safely," he hissed.

    "Yeah and no thanks to you."

    "You'll see my way of things on the blue moon. That's when you'll come to me."

    "In your dreams." I slammed the phone down, ending the conversation. Panic rose in me. He doesn't know about Scott. Getting out of my chair I head outside. To calm down my nerves with fresh air.

    Once outside I sit down and put my head between my knees. Taking deep breaths as well. I heard the door open and close. Suddenly arms are wrapped around me.

    Scott kissed my forehead. "What happened in there," he whispers.

    "Edgar called me and I couldn't handle it."

    "It's all right he won't come after you till the blue moon." I began to calm down immediately. Scott stood and reached for my hand I stand as well and we go back.

    For the remainder of my job I worked. Only trying to forget Edgar's call. Finally it was closing time. Saying bye to William we head home. Scott seemed scared.

    Arriving home we ate dinner. He still wouldn't speak a word to me. Every time I tried he walked away. Night had fallen and I went to my bedroom.

    Why wouldn't he talk to me? That face kept irritating me. Jumping out of bed I go to his room. He was in bed looking at the ceiling. Looking shocked to see me.

    "Grace what are you doing in here?"

    "Why wouldn't you talk to me earlier today? You seemed pretty off."

    "I was going over things in my head."

    "Like what." I crawl into bed with him and lay my head on his chest. He wraps me up in his arms..

    "How we can trap Edgar on the blue moon." My body tensed at his words. That was the end of this conversation. I didn't want Scott putting himself in danger. His breathing indicated that he was sleeping.

    Sighing I pull the cover over both of us. Closing my eyes I go to sleep with his arms around me.