Chapter 8

The morning we awake was dreadful. Today was the day we buried William. He was a good boss and a great friend. Besides us he has his wife and son showing up.

    I took a quick shower and put on my funeral clothes. Scott was already done and waiting in the kitchen. This was going to be tough on him. Together we got in the car and went to the funeral home.

    William's family was here, sitting in the front. His wife face stained with tears. Meanwhile William's son didn't speak or cry. Just stayed there silently looking at his mother.

    Scott and I sat behind them. When everyone was seated the priest came to say a prayer. The service was sad and I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. One by one we all get up to say bye to William.

    The grave side service had to be the worst to come. Scott and a few officers put a red rose on the casket. As they walked away the casket was lowered into the ground.

    His wife and son were the first to leave. I turned around but Scott still looked at the grave. A haunted look wondered in his gaze. He fell to the ground tears streaming down his face.

    I go to him, pulling him into a tight embrace. This was the broken side of Scott I've never seen before. Minutes later he got a hold on himself and moved off the ground.

    Keeping me in his arms we walked to our car. Looking at the sky as we drove away. Getting home I make lunch while Scott stays in the living room quiet. When the food was done I called him in.

    After eating I do the dishes and go to my room. Scott still wasn't ready to talk to me. Knowing what he's going through it's not good to keep it in.

    The voices in my head told me to leave him alone. He needed someone in his life and that was me. Taking a quick shower I go back to the living room. Scott was staring at a blank television screen.

    Sitting next to him on the couch I watch his eyes. They're full of darkness and cold like Edgar's. I got closer but he got up and walked away.

    Tonight he stayed in his room. Even when it was time for dinner he stayed away. I go to my room and try to sleep.

    Soon I had a nightmare and woke up screaming. Scott turned into Edgar and attacked me. Could it really be true? Is it possible for Scott to turn on me?

    No! No! I have to stop thinking that. He would never hurt me intentionally. Seconds later he came running into the room. His eyes full of worry.

    "Grace are you okay? I heard your scream from my room." He sounded deeply concerned.

    "I'm fine just a bad dream about Edgar." His whole body stiffens at my words. Like they triggered a memory.

    "Come with me." I get out of bed and follow him to his room. We get into bed and wrapped our arms around each other.

    Knowing he was here with me gave comfort. The nightmare gave me a plan on how to defeat Edgar on the blue moon. Scott will never know this plan. Not until it's too late for him to stop it.

    His breathing slowed and he fell asleep. I soon followed.
    ******************************
    Waking up I was careful not to wake him. Leaving his room I go to mine. There I change my clothes and go downstairs to fix breakfast.

    When I was done making the eggs I heard a noise. It didn't come from upstairs either. Turning the stove off I go see where the noise came from. The voice in my head senses danger.

    Edgar was near the front door. I was about to scream when his hand went over my mouth. My breathing picking up.

    "I just want to talk Grace," Edgar snarled.