Chapter 4

Zhu Rong looked at Huang Jian Jun once Zhu Ying has left. "Huang Jian Jun, do you like my sister?" Saying the name of royalty was a crime, but everyone sitting at the table were childhood friends, so it didn't matter.

Huang Jian Jun never intended to hide his feelings, so he nodded at Zhu Rong with a serious face. Zhu Rong had a grim expression on his face. "What are you going to do now?"

"I am going to ask the Emperor to grant me a marriage with her." Zhu Rong had an upset face. He didn't like the thought that his sister will marry, and leave soon. But he has known Huang Jian Jun since they were teenagers in the army. He knew his character well, and knew his sister will be happy. Since Huang Jian Jun has fallen in love with Zhu Ying, then he will never have another woman in his life. Zhu Rong could see his sister being happy with Huang Jian Jun. He thought a bit more, and said, "If you ever hurt her, then I won't forgive you."

Huang Jian Jun smiled and promised, "I promise, I will never let her get hurt."

****************************************

The Empress has decided to go to a nearby temple, and has asked all the noble women to accompany her with their daughters. Zhu Ying was also going with Yao Zi Ruo. They woke up, and left early in the morning. There was a long line of carriages traveling through the capital. Zhu Ying and her mother were sitting in the same carriage. Their carriage was very near the Empress' carriage.

The travel was two hours long. They have already been travelling for quite a long time, and arriving at the temple in a short while. Finally arriving, everyone started getting off the carriage. The Empress was walking in the front, and turned back to search for someone. When she found the person, she called over, "Yao Zi Ruo, bring your daughter here, and walk with me."

The Empress, and Yao Zi Ruo were best friends back when they were young. Yao Zi Ruo walked over after hearing the Empress' call. They arrived before the Empress. Zhu Ying was going to bow, but the Empress quickly stopped her. "No need to bow, Xiao Ying. Your mother, and zhen are best friends. So just call me Imperial Aunt."

Zhu Ying obediently did as the Empress said. "Imperial Aunt." Hearing Zhu Ying's lovable voice, the Empress felt really happy. The Empress knew that this relationship is going to change from Imperial Aunt to Imperial Mother soon. She felt very happy knowing the daughter of her best friend will soon be her daughter-in-law.

The surrounding girls felt jealous seeing the close relationship of the Empress and Zhu Ying. They were cursing her for receiving the good favor of the Empress.

Everyone starting climbing up the mountain to the temple. It took an hour of climbing before everyone could finally get to the top. All the women present were panting from exhaustion. Zhu Ying still looked the same. As though climbing a mountain wasn't a big deal. The other girls felt really jealous, since they were sweating, their makeup was ruined, and they looked a mess. Right now, none of them looked beautiful. They looked more like village women.

The monks from the temple come to greet them, and take them inside. Zhu Ying and the rest of the young girls are shown to their rooms. Zhu Ying's room was on top of a hill, over looking the valley below. The scenery was very beautiful. Zhu Ying walked towards her room to get some rest. She lied on her bed, and fell asleep quickly.

The next time Zhu Ying woke up, it was already morning. Zhu Ying did her morning rituals before sitting down to eat breakfast. The food in the temple was only vegetable dishes, with no meat. Even though it was only vegetables, the dishes still tasted very good. Zhu Ying finished her breakfast and went to find her mother.

Yao Zi Ruo and the Empress were together, sitting inside the prayer hall. They were chatting about something, but as soon as Zhu Ying came in, they ceased talking. Zhu Ying felt suspicious about what they could be talking about, but soon dismissed the thought. She walked forward, and greeted them. "Good morning, Imperial Aunt, Mother."

"Zhu Ying, it's good that your awake. Come sit with mother." Yao Zi Ruo made Zhu Ying sit with her. Yao Zi Ruo and the Empress continued chatting about their younger days. Zhu Ying listened closely to them talking, and felt surprised with her mother and the Empress' past deeds. They were quite mischievous together, and went frequently left the house in disguise. That was also how the Empress met the Emperor. The Emperor at first thought thought that the Empress was a male. After finding out the Empress' true identity, the Emperor quickly married her. Their love story was quite sweet. Even now, their love is as strong as ever. The Empress is the only woman in the Emperor's harem.

Zhu Ying was quite envious. She wished for the same kind of love. She didn't have it in her past life, but maybe, in this life she will. Zhu Ying noticed an old monk coming inside the hall. He seemed to be the head monk in the temple. The Empress rose to greet him. Zhu Ying also followed to greet the old monk. "Please take a seat Benefactor. How can I be of help today?" The old monk was very famous was being able to read a person's fate, so a lot of people came to him.