Prologue

Today was a tiring day for Li Lina. She had a long surgery, over 8 hours long. It was hard, and the chances of a successful surgery was low, but Lina did it, and saved the patient. Lina was happy that she could save someone's life. After surgery, she quickly came home to get some rest. 

Lina entered her one bedroom small apartment. Even though she earned a lot, she didn't want to live in a big, and lonely house. So she had an apartment that was close to the hospital she worked at. It was late in the night, and Lina wanted to quickly get in bed so she can read the latest chapter of the current novel she was reading, "The Demon King's Wangfei". 

Lina liked reading these types of romance novels. She wished someone would also love her like the men in the novel who pamper there lovers so much. Lina could only hope that someone like that will ever enter her life. 

She walked to the bedroom to shower before bed. After a quick shower, Lina came out in her black pj's, and got under her blanket. She picked up her laptop, and logged in to the reading website. She opened the latest chapter of the novel, and started reading. She was at the part where the transmigrated FL finally realizes her feelings, and confesses to the ML. In the excitement, they both fell on the bed, and started rolling in the sheets. 

Lina read for a couple of minutes. After reading, she put away her laptop, and lay down on her bed to sleep. Before sleeping, Lina looked up to the stars, and made a wish, 'God, if your listening, then grant me my selfish request. Give me someone who will love me more than anything in the world, even himself. Please God, make my wish come true.' 

Lina closed her eyes, and fell asleep. Up in the sky, a star flashed with light, and fell from the heavens. 

Lina felt herself walking in darkness. She walked for a long time. She didn't know hoe long it had been. For hours, days, or years, Lina kept walking. She felt like she had to go somewhere. Finally, after who knows how long of walking, Lina saw a flash of bright light. She quickly walked towards it, and the entered the light. 

Lina felt someone pulling her. It felt painful, so she let out a cry. She heard the sound of a baby crying. Lina tried opening her eyes, but it was too bright, and painful. So she had to rely on her other senses to know what was going on. 'Where in the hell am I?' 

Lina was starting to panic. In her panic, she started crying again. She suddenly felt a comforting warmth from someone.  It felt nice, and peaceful. Lina quickly calmed down. She liked this warmth. "Sleep my child, mommy's here." So Lina listened, and quickly fell asleep. 

****************************

(After 2 years)

In these two years, Lina learned a lot about herself, and the world she was in. She learned that she was in the world of the novel that she read, "The Demon King'd Wangfei". Li Lina, no, Zhu Ying, was the sickly elder sister of the FL, who died when she was twelve. It was hard for Lina to believe at first that she was in a fictional world. But she quickly got used to it, mainly because of her loving mother. Lina never felt the warmth of a mother's love before, so she was thankful to have a mother now. 

Lina would always got to her mother, and sit with her. Sometimes, she would ask her mother to read her books. Lina was in a different world, o she wanted to learn more about it. Beside she had photographic memory, so she'll never forget anything. Lina's mother was very astonished the first time she saw her daughter reciting an entire page of a book after looking at it for only a few moments. Yao Zi Ruo knew that her daughter was a genius, so she resolved herself to teach her daughter everything she wanted to know. 

Yao Zi Ruo came from a prestigious family. Her family was very powerful, and rich. One day she saw Zhu Yuan, and fell in love with him. Against her family's objection, she married Zhu Yuan. They had a happy, and blissful life. Zhu Yuan gave the imperial exam, and worked closely with the Minister of Revenue. The Minister of Revenue's daughter fell in love with Zhu Yuan and forcefully became his concubine. After a few years, Zhu Yuan became the prime minister. He had three sons before Zhu Ying was born. Two from Yao Zi Ruo, and one from his concubine, Li Xing. Zhu Yuan still loved Yao Zi Ruo a lot, and that made Li Xing very jealous. 

Lina remembered, that in the novel it said, that the prime minister's legal wife died, when the FL,  Zhu Yun, was 8 years old. That would make Zhu Ying 10 years old. Lina promised herself that she will not allow her mother to die by that hand of that woman, Li Xing. 

Currently, Zhu Ying was two years old. Lina didn't want to show too much of her ability in case she made someone suspicious. She didn't  want to be accused of witchcraft. She didn't want to know what will happen if someone accused her of being a witch. Zhu Ying decided to ask her mother to learn medicine. That she will have an excuse for her medical abilities. Lina wanted to open a hospital. 

Lina was currently sitting with her mother, so she asked her mother now, without waiting any longer. "Mother." Lina turned towards her mother and called out. Her mother was a real beauty. She had long black hair, phoenix eyes, a white skin, and a very pretty face. Zhu Ying's father was also very handsome, so Zhu Ying knew she'll be very beautiful once she grew up. 

Yao Zi Ruo looked at her daughter and saw her looking at her with her watery eyes. "What is it, my sweet?"

"Mother, I want to learn medicine." Yao Zi Ruo was surprised to see her daughter say that. Not many women learn the art of medicine in this ancient time period. Yao Zi Ruo thought for a bit, and knew that her daughter was so smart that she won't have any problem learning. So she agreed. "Ok, I'll ask your father to find you a good tutor. Satisfied?" Zhu Ying just gave her mother a big smile. 

"Mother, where is father? Ask him know." Zhu Ying knew where her father was. Today was the day that the original host of the body that the future FL will be occupying be born, Zhu Yun. Yao Zi Ruo felt upset when she heard that question. Today was the day that woman will be giving birth to her and Zhu Yuan's child. Yao Zi Ruo felt really uncomfortable thinking about that. 

"Your father is with Concubine Xing. She will be having a baby today." Yao Zi Ruo didn't hide anything from her daughter, and told her the truth. Zhu Ying looked at her mother's sad expression, and also felt sad. 

The personal maid of Yao Zi Ruo, Xiao Xi, came in to report something. Xiao Xi was sent to keep an eye on the situation in Concubine Xing's courtyard. "Mistress, I have news. Concubine Xing has given birth to a baby girl." Yao Zi Ruo felt pain in her heart. But she long ago accepted this situation, and decided to not care about Li Xing, and Zhu Yuan anymore. Yao Zi Riuo just cared about her children now. Yao Zi Ruo looked at her daughter, and decided to contact her family, who she hasn't contacted in a long time. For her children's future, she was willing to admit her mistake, and ask for forgiveness from her family. For her children, she will do it. 

*******************************

This is my new novel. The updates will be slow because of school. This won't be a long story, probably, less than 10 chapters. I don't have an update schedule yet. 

So please vote, comment, and share.