nineteen

nineteen

~ Vanessa ~

Here I am sitting on the end of the bed, fully dressed in a pair of sweat pants and a large shirt off Luke, today I am going home. Well, to the Janoskians' house, but I consider anywhere better than here home.

I grip the brown envelope in my hands as I await for the boys to return. Now I have proper evidence, I know what I've got to do. I'm not going to mope around anymore feeling sorry for myself, staying with the man who's supposed to love me, his fiancé, yet he's having an affair with a younger prettier female pop star.

Hell no! We're through.

"Starbucks and a discharge letter for m'lady" Luke returns and I smile as he places the Starbucks cup holder down handing me the letter and a pen as I sign it. I hand it back to him before grabbing our Starbucks cups and we walk out of the hospital. I hand him his cup as I sip mine, walking hand in hand together we catch a ride with the others back to their house.

"Here we are" Beau opens the door for us and I smile in return, thanking him as I follow the others inside. "?Would you like something eat? You must be starving! You know what hospital food is like, crap. Let us bang you up a full English" James suggests. My mouth is watering already. Just what I need.

"That would be great thank you" I reply. "But don't let Luke make the eggs, I've seen the video" I point a finger making everyone laugh. "Come on you sit down" Luke chuckles helping me over to the sofa, handing me a blanket and the TV remote. He snuggles up next to me whilst the boys cook breakfast.

I lean my head on his chest as his hand runs up and down my back. Staying in the same position I look up at him and he looks down at me. He slowly plants his lips on mine and I smile kissing him back before nuzzling my face into his neck.

Once the meal is ready, Luke and I decide to share it since it's a big portion and I definitely can't eat it all alone. Once I'm full, Luke guides me to his room. "Make yourself comfortable. If you want me, I'll be right outside that door got it?" He points to the door and I nod with a smile sitting on the bed. He returns it pecking my forehead before leaving the room.

I huff lying down and twirling the ring around my finger, admiring it closely. A shaky sigh escapes my lips, bringing the brown envelope out from my back pocket. I flick through the photos once more, shaking my head. I grab my phone, switching it back on to see hundreds of missed calls and text messages from the others.

I decide to ignore them all, putting my phone on silent and locking it before nuzzling my face into he pillow which smells of Luke's aftershave making me smile lightly as I close my eyes. Drifting off into a long peaceful sleep.

I sigh clicking the pen continuously, figuring out how to start this letter. My dearest Nathan.. No! Nath... No, Dear Nathan, yes!

I pour my heart out into the letter, writing whatever comes to heart.

Dear Nathan,

I don't really know what to say, except I know. I know everything, the whole affair between you and Ariana, sneaking around behind my back. I know. And I have evidence. I'd be lying if I said I was surprised, I mean Ariana's just the full package isn't she? Perfect body, perfect personality, perfect voice, she's perfect isn't she Nath?

But that doesn't matter now. What matters is where we go from now. And it's clear you don't love me anymore, and Ariana is all you want. So I'm leaving you, and you can finally have her. Have your happily ever after with her, it's just a shame it isn't me. Because I honestly expected it to be. I honestly thought we'd be forever.

I don't want to make this a stupid long dragged on breakup letter, but I just want to say thank you. Thank you for giving me your love. When you felt like it of course. But what I've had of it has seriously been magical. I just wish it could have lasted.

Going back to meeting the boys and Kelsey and Nareesha, was one of the best days ever. Finally meeting what I thought was going to be my new family. Well they were for a while I guess. When I was attacked, all your attention went to Ariana, just because she hit the guy with her shoe and he ran way suddenly makes her the better person, when I, your fiancé, had just been assaulted and choked to death. And when Zoe was murdered, you never even came to see if I was okay, she was my best friend after all, but no. You gave all of your attention to Ariana, once again.

Anyway, my point is we're not working and everybody can see things aren't the way they used to be. So I've made the decision to leave. To fly over to Australia to stay with my mum, start something for myself. I hope you understand.

All my love, Vanessa x

I fold the letter slipping it into an envelope followed by the ring and some of the evidence photos. I sniff wiping a tear away as I seal it up writing Nathan's name in my neatest writing on the front and standing up, grabbing the handle of my case and dragging it out to the taxi waiting in the driveway. I give the address to Ariana's before running to the door and slipping the envelope through the letterbox before hopping back into the taxi and heading to the airport.

"Thanks" I pay the taxi driver before entering the airport, grabbing a Starbucks and my ticket whilst I have chance. I sit down sipping my latte and watching the busy scenery around me. Families getting ready with their children to go on holiday, and those work people with their posh brief cases and bags going on work trips.

I always imagined Nathan and I getting our kids ready to go on a family holiday, or to go on tour with him and the boys. That would of been so fun.

'Flight 206 to Australia now boarding' A pleasant female voice announces through the tannoy and I stand up gathering my stuff together and binning my empty Starbucks cup. I turn on my heels starting to walk but a familiar voice calls. "Nessa wait!"

I frown turning back round to see Nathan running towards me, beads of sweat forming on his forehead as he stops in front of me catching his breath. "I got the letter" He finally speaks again. "Please don't go" He pleads. "I'm sorry Nathan, I have to" I shake my head. "You don't- look I'm sorry you had to find out like that, about Ariana and I" He trembles. "Yeah" I sniff looking away. "I just thought you were different. You wasn't that kind of person, but I guess I thought wrong" I go to walk away again but he catches my wrist spinning me back around. "Please I'm begging you, don't leave!", "Nathan nothing about us feels right anymore!" I exclaim tears forming in my eyes.

"We're falling apart! Our relationship is a train wreck!" I run my hand through my hair. "We had something Nathan, but now it's gone. And I don't think we can ever get that back."

"At least now we can both be happy" I shrug. "You can be with Ariana and.. Well I've got my mum. And I get to explore Australia" I rub my arm, not bothering to bring Luke up right now. "I wish I could fix this" Nathan says genuinely. "I know," I breathe. "I know but you can't."

I lift my hand up to place it on Nathan's cheek, holding back my tears. "It was good while it lasted" I bite my lip. "But my gut was right, there never was a happy ending for us."

"Goodbye Nathan" I breathe before dropping my hand from his face and grabbing my case walking away. I turn a corner and I see him sitting down with his own suitcase waiting. Once he sees me, he stands up brushing down his jeans as I make my way over to him.

"Are you ready?" Luke asks and I suck in a breath with a smile.

"I'm ready."

A/N: I suggest you listen to Losing Your Memory by Ryan Star whilst reading this.