001

ALAÏA WAS DRINKING a hot chocolate near a busy, crowded street. The air was warm and humid, why was she drinking hot chocolate? Not even Alaïa truly knows why. Staring at her hot chocolate in front of her, she then slowly brought the drink to her lips. Feeling the hot beverage go down her throat she truly felt out of place.

"All right, what do you see?"

She heard a man's voice in her ear piece then another girl's voice. Adjusting her bucket hat, she placed the hot chocolate down, and then looked around at her surroundings.

Everything looked normal to her–she saw people deep in their conversations and kids playing.

Hearing multiple voices into her ear piece, Alaïa played with the sugar packs in front of her easily getting distracted.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become a second nature." Natasha Romanoff's voice rung in her ear.

The two enhanced individuals turned towards the red hair girl with dark sunglasses. Alaïa placed the sugar packets down, and grabbed her hot chocolate once more.

"This is the best lead we had on Rumlow for six months. I don't want to lose him." Steve stated in the ear piece.

Alaïa started to became nervous. For her first time, out and about with the Avengers—she didn't want to mess something up. She has trained with the Avengers for years, and never saw herself fully going on missions yet since Alaïa personally thinks she's too young.

"Sam? See that garbage truck? Tag it."

"That truck's loaded with max weight." Sam Wilson said then paused. "The driver's armed."

"It's a battering ram." Natasha stated on the edge of her seat.

"Go now. Alaïa follow Wanda." Steve said quickly.

"What?" Wanda questioned.

The two girls met eye contact and shared the same expression; confusion.

"He's not hitting the police." Steve said, running out of the hotel room.

Steve dropped into the Institute For Infectious Diseases. Blocking the bullets from his shield made the armed men around him out. He spoke into the ear piece again, "body armor. AR-15s. I make seven hostiles."

Sam arrived on top of the rooftop. He kicked two of the armed men and one of them falling off of the roof. Pushing the ear piece allowing him to speak, he looked down in front of the building. "I make five."

Wanda came in front of Sam. Surrounding herself with red magic, she blocked the bullets from the men that were shooting at her. Reaching her hand out, the man in front of her froze with red magic around his body. "Sam."

Sam flew down kicking the man out of the sight. Alaïa flew down next to the two. Her eyes widened when she glanced around the area to see people in gear on the ground emotionless.

Wanda turned to the girl and gave her a disappointing look. "Where were you?" Wanda asked her.

"I wanted to finish my hot chocolate." Alaïa said shrugging her shoulders.

"Rumlow is on the third floor." Sam stated, interrupting the girl's conversation.

Steve came near them and started to walk towards the building in front of them, "Wanda, just like we practiced."

"What about the gas?" Wanda questioned their team leader.

"Get it out." He responded.

Watching Steve flying into the building, Alaïa made a force field around herself hearing the sounds of gunshots behind her. Standing next to Wanda, Alaïa watched Wanda's magic get the gas out easily.

"Rumlow has a biological weapon." Steve declared over the ear piece.

"I'm on it." Natasha said coming in with a motorcycle.

As Natasha was fighting to get the weapon, Alaïa stood blankly looking at the rest of them fighting while she was doing nothing, but block bullets from her force field. Though she had powers she never felt more useless in this situation.

Hearing couple of explosions, Alaïa quietly listened to who's next to speak.

"Sam! He's in a AFV heading North." Steve's voice echoing in the ear piece.

Arriving at the truck, it was noticeable that it crashed into some shops. Sam stood on top of the shops overlooking the crowd. "I got four. They're splitting up."

"I got the two on the left." Natasha replied next.

Steve climbed over the cars to arrive in front of the truck. He bend down touching their gear. "They ditched their gear. It's a shell game now. One of them has the payload."

From a distance, Alaïa and Wanda heard another explosion. Alaïa saw some of the guys still shooting at them and slowly started to come closer towards them.

"Wanda, hurry! They are coming closer." Alaïa said in an unsure tone.

Wanda continued to get the gas out of the building. She glanced at Alaïa, and Wanda turned back towards the building. Wanda spoke up, "Alaïa, just use your force field. They won't come near us. If they do–just disappear, I can take care of them."

"I don't have my suit. They will just see clothes floating."

Wanda chuckled at her comment, while Alaïa looked around nervously hearing gunshots bounce off of her force field.

"He doesn't have it. I'm empty!" Sam specified into the ear piece.

As Natasha was fighting the two guys for the weapon, it turned scary when they pulled out guns to point to each other. A mini jet flew near one of them shooting him, having Natasha grab the weapon that Rumlow wanted.

"Payload secure. Thanks, Sam." Natasha said looking at the mini flying jet.

"Don't thank me."

"I'm not thanking that thing."

"His name is RedWing."

"Still not thanking it."

"He's cute. Go ahead, pet him."

Alaïa and Wanda arrived to the site and saw Steve looking down at Rumlow. Steve's eyes soften, making Alaïa's hands turn blue with her magic flowing around her hands.

Rumlow pushed a button in his hands. Alaïa made a force field around his body causing Rumlow to scream in pain having the bomb explode around him. Wanda put her magic around Rumlow to try to get the bomb away from people as quickly as possible. There was a combination of blue and red magic together making a soft purple. Wanda pushed him away from the crowd and into the sky. Wanda hoped Alaïa could hold her force field around Rumlow so she could get him out of harm's way.

"I can't hold it!" Alaïa winced as she was able to feel the weight of the explosion in her hands.

Before anyone could answer, Alaïa gasped to see it explode near a building. Alaïa grabbed Wanda's arm and her eyes were getting glossy seeing what was in front of her. Wanda put her free hand over her mouth in shock.

"Sam, we need fire and rescue on the south side of the building." Steve said shaky and started to go towards the building that was starting to catch on fire.

Alaïa looked at Wanda who was still looking at the building. She took her free hand to hold her chest, and immediately felt terrible. This one of the few reasons why Alaïa disliked using her powers outside of training.