Chapter 16: The Letter

Class continued and after our Sem break, our teachers gave us many activities, it's such a pain that our teachers gave us things to do. I am glad that it is currently Lunch and I am at the school garden to take a break from the activites and gain energy, today is Wednesday by the way.

I am listening to some music to calm myself, and there's breeze blowing that made me cool because of the cold season.

Speaking of cold season, my Mom will be going back home from abroad. Before you ask, the only person in our house is my Aunt and Uncle. They live there and they will celeberate Christmas with me and my mom. Well, my dad? As I said in the past days, I never got a chance to meet my father and the paper was only my remembrance because my mom was taking a sketch at my father when they traveled abroad.

I looked for the sketch in my bag, "Where is it?" I asked myself. I touched a piece of paper, "Aha! There you are," I grabbed it and took it out, but it wasn't the sketch, but a letter.

"What the? Why is there a letter?" I said, I remembered that Sarah said that, "Hey Cecile, I found a letter on your bag on the camp after we found you." I asked myself. "Who is this from?" I was about to open but the bell rang.

"Oh no!" I said and looked at my wristwatch, "I am gonna be late!" I grabbed my bag and ran as fast as I can.

***

I got into the room before our teacher came, I quickly put my bag beside my chair and sat on my chair.

"Hey! You look like you've been chased by dogs!" My classmate Jane said.

"Well, it's not like that. I just ran as fast as I could to get here before the teacher came." I said.

"I am glad that your not late, I heard that if your late on Ms. Cruz's time, you will stand in front while reciting all the countries in Asia." She said. Ms. Cruz is our Geography and History teacher.

"So that's why all our classmates are early?" I said to her.

"Yeah, they don't want to recite." She said.

A few seconds later, we didn't expect that our adviser, Mr. Steven, will come here.

"Hi class!" He said.

"Good Afternoon Sir!" We all greeted sir altogether.

"Ok class settle down, I have an announcement." He said and my classmates whisphered to each other, guessing what is the announcement. "Class, quiet down. Today's announcement is that since you're all gonna graduate, the school has an event  this December called Merryfest. This Merryfest is just like the other festivals that we celebrated, but it is special,  so there will be contests, and of course booths." He said.

"But what made it special?" My classmate asked.

"You all joined clubs right? And every club has a corresponding task. You will help in doing the tasks of the club you joined, but not only in the tasks but you can help in the festival. And you will have a coupon worth of $50 that can be spent in the festival because of course you need to have fun during the festival, you can also invite some of your relatives because just as I said, this is like the other festivals." He said and my classmates are shocked and excited.

"Sir! When will be the Merryfest?" Jane asked.

"The Merryfest will start the day after your exam, and until 5:00 pm because we need to out back the decorations and we will have a christmas party." He replied.

My classmates started talking to each other about the festival, "And also, we teachers talked that this afternoon you will only be having your club meetings so you can talk about the materials for the decors. That's all, bye class!" He said.

"Bye Sir!" We said and sir left. My classmates are talking to each other about the Merryfest and they look super excited.

I am pretty excited too, a school festival, I wonder how will this work out. My club? The club that I joined, well it's not really a club, I am one of the council members and I am a Bus. Manager but I often do with them. We are the Council so I think that we will have the most important job, I have to go there now.

***

Our meeting ended, I am at the rooftop enjoying the scenery and the breeze, I have to rest my head for all the thinking, the meeting was just brainstorming options for the festival. They said that on Friday we will have an another meeting at the club room.

I am so exhausted,  I am glad that the day is over and I have nothing to do now.

I looked at the yellow-orange sky thinking about Mom coming home this month, I am very excited and I really miss her. I am gonna hug her when she come back. I remembered about the letter, I looked for it in the bag, I grabbed it.

" *sigh* I thought I lost you," I said.

I opened it and it contains:

Dear Cecile,

           I am lucky that I found a pen and paper in your bag, there is something that I want to tell you. I was about to tell you in the morning because I forgot to tell you, but I saw you were gone so I wrote this letter in case we never see each other again and I forgot to tell you.

           Well, I am sorry if you were mad at me when my "cousin" say that she is my girlfriend, she was just joking around, I was gonna tell you that but you ran away, and I forgot it. I hope we see again.

                                            -Mark

Wait, cousin?! So, oh no! If I should listen to Mark, we wouldn't have a horrible separation. But, I forgive him, and I am sorry too for the mistakes that I made. So he cares about me. I looked up the sky again.

"Oh Mark......" I said and smiled while looking at the sky.

girlfriend, she was just joking around, I was gonna tell you that but you ran away, and I forgot it. I hope we see again.

                                            -Mark

Wait, cousin?! So, oh no! If I should listen to Mark, we wouldn't have a horrible separation. But, I forgive him, and I am sorry too for the mistakes that I made. So he cares about me. I looked up the sky again.

"Oh Mark......" I said and smiled while looking at the sky.

Hi sorry for the late update! I am having the writer's block, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Vote and comments are highly recommended!😄😄