Welcome to Elysian Community

Elysian Community has been created to give Wattpad users a serene and accepting place to socialize and connect with fellow readers and writers regardless of: popularity, experience, age, gender, race, sexuality, or any other barrier that would normally keep someone from joining those around them.

Through this account, you'll find:

- ways to connect with other writers and readers

- contests and competitions to gain exposure

- opportunities to show off your creativity

- interviews and tips from your favorite authors

- new stories that you might one day see "in the big time"

- fun real-life stories told by other users

This new community has been designed to do more than simply give writers a place to be discovered and win awards because let's face it – who doesn't like winning awards, especially when it's for something you created yourself? We also realize that many Wattpad users like to socialize with others whether it's to make friends, get tips from other writers, discover new stories, and learn more about other places in the world.

Of course, there will be awards and contests, but here at Elysian we also plan to host different events to connect those around us. The details of these will be released at later dates as they're planned and ready to be publicized. A couple things you can look forward to are a monthly newsletter and book of the week. (Both of these and other projects will be announced as they are released.)

I just want a place to share things and bring people together, so this is what I hope Elysian Community will become. One thing that will be posted very soon is a collection called "Younger Years" where stories of funny childhood moments are shared by users and posted for a quick laugh. Because let's face it, children are kind of wild and easy to laugh at. None of us were exceptions.

Add this book to your libraries to get notified of new things such as forms and applications, updates on upcoming things, and more information.

FROM ME TO YOU

Honestly, for some reason I just dislike the word "founder", so I guess I'll just be the creator here at Elysian. This account – and community – are being created because as someone who always has ideas, it hit me like a home run.

I had been wanting to host an awards contest myself because I like helping people out and want to find new writers and stories when I gave an existing awards account the very idea. I recommended that they become an account that not only hosted a single awards contest, but that they keep that and branch out into more. Then another account announced they were changing their name to include "community", and I gave similar advice. So here we are.

While this community is being established in March 2019, it's been in the works since December 27th, 2018. Please realize that while a lot of planning has gone into this, it isn't perfect.