Chapter 19. -The one where Court goes overboard.

Start from the beginning

She likes to make fun of his edgy style, but truth is she really likes it. The black leather jacket really turns her on, and the fact that he rides a motorcycle only adds to the list.

Justin grins and grabs her arm before she's able to walk back to the girls. He spins her around and plants a kiss on her mouth, causing her to close her eyes as it's five seconds of heaven.

Justin : I've still got it.

Jen suddenly lays her hand on his face and looks deep into his eyes, before she breathes in slowly, closes her eyes and presses her lips against his. She opens her mouth and lets his tongue in, before she moans softly.

When she lets go, his eyes remains closed because although their lips aren't touching anymore, he can still taste the taste of her.

Jen : I gotta say goodbye... to the girls.

She disappears out of his sight with a smile on her face as it's nice to know that she still manages to make her man silent. Even after all the kisses they have shared, since they had their first.

Five minutes later Justin's still standing in the hallway as Jen hasn't returned. He's used to long goodbyes with these girls, but this has got to be some kind of new record.

Justin : Jen, what happ...

He walks in on Courteney having what seems like a baby shower presentation for all of the girls sitting on the couch, including Jen. She has hung up photos of cakes, balloons and what not, with little notes under every photograph.

Justin : Wow, this is better work than a police investigation.
Court : Justin! I have to pinch an idea to you.
Justin : I was actually about to...
Andrea : You have to see what we had in mind for the fountain.
Justin : The fountain? Jen?

Court drags him into everything that's going on and tells him to sit down on the couch.

Amanda : We're having the shower at your place.
Justin : At our place? Jen are we having the shower at our place? With a fountain?
Jen : Apparently.

Court brings out another set of photos from her bag, but before she's able to explain what she has in mind, Justin suddenly stands up with a confused look on his face.

Justin : Uhm, I totally forgot! I'm, we are actually in a hurry! Jimmy is waiting for us at the, uhm the...
Jen realizes where he's going with this and stands up as well, as she really can't take any more baby shower planning either.

Jen : At The Chateau.
Court : Oh, alright. That's fi...
Justin : Yeah, so we really have to go now, but trust me we totally wanna hear all about this... later.

He grabs Jen's hand and rushes off to the hallway as he's trying to leave before Court asks any more questions.

Jen : I'll call you!

Outside in the driveway, Justin opens the door to the car for Jen before he gets in himself.

Justin : Uhm, there's actually a reason for why I just interrupted your day with the girls like this, I...
Jen : Aren't we going out to eat?
Justin : I actually have something to tell you.

He inserts the key but doesn't start the car as he feels like they shouldn't be on the road when he tells her this. Justin turns to her with a serious look on his face. A look Jen isn't very used to.

Jen : What? You're really scaring me now Justin.
Justin : It's not that big of a deal, but it's...
Jen : Spit it out already.
Justin : Your mother called me, and uhm she asked... she wants you to come visit her.

Jen closes her eyes and breathes out as hearing what he just said is a big relief. She really thought something serious was going on. Something that would break her heart.

Jen : Oh, thank god.
Justin : Hm?
Jen : I thought you were going to tell me something else, I was...
Justin : Like what?

He lifts his brow and looks into her blue eyes, which are now shining even brighter because of the sunlight.

Jen : Well, I guess I kind of thought you were going to say that you got a job offer or something... and had to leave for a couple of weeks, or...
Justin : Wha...

The fact that Jen thinks he would ever leave her alone during this time, is something that makes him really sad. He wants her to know that he will always be there when she needs him, like he has told her a thousand times.

Justin : How could you ever... You know that I would never leave you.
Jen : Yeah, but you sounded so you know...

He grabs her hand and strokes his thumb over her soft skin, feeling the engagement ring on her finger makes him really happy.

Justin : Listen to me Jen. You have to trust that I will always be here. I will never leave you if you need me.
Jen : You may say that now, but honey you can't stay with me in that house forever. You'll get restless, you're not that kind of a guy.
Justin : Of course I will have to work, but I will never let that become my number one priority. You're my number one priority. Our family is my number one priority.
Jen : Alright, I just...
Justin : But what do you mean I'm not that kind of a guy?
Jen : Uhm, you know... you're not the typical family man... but that's okay, I'm...
Justin : I am totally a family man. I've got dogs. I can buy a Volvo. I can get a... dad haircut.
Jen : Yeah, totally. For sure.

Jen laughs as she's imagining Justin with a typical dad haircut, driving around in a family car. He's obviously not the typical family man. Justin will be driving around in his Mercedes, in his black leather jacket, and that's fine. She doesn't want them to be any different just because they've got a daughter.

Justin : Wha... Jen. I will totally become a family man.
Jen : Oh, so you're saying you'll park the motorcycle in the garage, for good. And you will wear one of those baby carrier...
Justin : Well, I'll...
Jen : Hey, it's okay. I don't want you to be the typical family man either. I want you to be who you are. I want Justin to be the father of my child, not Steve Martin.

He laughs, and kisses her. His hand is pressed against her belly, and he can feel his daughter move around inside of her.

It's a nice moment, but it doesn't last for long as someone suddenly knocks on the window causing them both to jump back.

Jen rolls her eyes, when she sees who it is.

Court : Hey, I was just...
Jen : God Court, you scared the crap out of us.
Court : I'm sorry, but I just wanted to give you this brochure that I made.
Justin : Where do you find the time to do all of this?
Court : That's not the finished version, but I thought...
Jen : Thank you. I really appreciate you doing... all of this.
Court : Weren't you guys in a hurry? You said...
Justin : Okay, we have to leave now.

Justin rolls up the window and starts the car, as he's really starting to fear Court and her investigation abilities.

Jen : Bye honey.

20 minutes later and they're on the road looking for a place to eat. Jen wasn't originally hungry, but they both knew that she's end up craving something anyways.

Justin : What about The Smile?
Jen : There are way too many paps there, I mean we've already got 5 cars following us.

Ever since Jen got pregnant, the paparazzi have gone insane. They're even crazier than they were back in 2005 or 2009. Everyone wants to get a shot of that bump.

Justin : There are paps everywhere. Ugh, why can't those fuckers just back off for a few minutes.
Jen : I don't...
Justin : I mean haven't they seen it all by now?

She sighs, as she knows that he still really isn't used to this. Even she's not used to this level of chaos.

Jen : I'm sorry, I don't mean to be difficult, it's just... a lot to leave the car when...
Justin : No Jen, don't say you're sorry. This isn't your fault. I'm not mad about that, I'm mad cause those idiots never leave you alone.

She lays her hand on his thigh and smiles as she's never had anyone support her like that before. Justin really understands her and no matter how much it's bothering him, he never blames it on her.

Justin : You know what? Fuck this. What do you say, In'n Out?
Jen : That sounds... perfect.