Chapter 1: Reinvention

Start from the beginning

"Bee. This is keisha. She's been working here for a little over a year. I dont get my hair done by her nut I seen her work ad its good."

"Hi" I said to her

"Hello" she said and nodded.

We moved over to the last open chair. She was a woman who had long flowing blonde hair. Her jade green eyes were piercing. She looked really gorgeous. Her lightly tanned skinned bringing out her natural glow she was truly a looker.

"And this is Marsha. She own this place" he said walking up to her and putting an arm around her "And she's my wife" he added and looked at her lovingly.

"Hello nice to meet you. You are very pretty" I said to her and Matt eyed me suspiciously. I just gave him a cheeky grin.

"Nice to meet you too and Thank you" she said blushing.

"Okay Brooklyn. Marsha here will get you all set up with your hair and then once we are done here we will go to the next stop" I nodded at him showing him I understood before sitting down in the chair for Marsha to do my hair.

"Okay what are we going today for you ?" She asked fluffing out my hair.

"Um I dont know ."

"How about a short do?"

"NO!" I shouted . "I mean no. I dont want to cut it. Thats the only thing I ask is for you not to cut any of it"

"Okay. " was all she said before getting to work.

She began to put stuff on my hair and I got lost. I tend to zone out people play with my hair . I started thinking about how my life is drastically changing. Nothing will ever be the same. I have to start all the way over and move in with people I dont even know. I havent even talked with Lacey because I'm not allowed to associate with people from my old life. I miss her shes my best friend the person I tell everything to. Who am I gonna do that with now ?

After a while Marsha told me she was done. The nerves building up I couldnt wait to see what I looked like. She turned me around and I was amazed. My once brown hair was now a strawberry blonde. Not much of a change but it made a difference.

Getting up I hugged and Thanked her . I absolutely loved it. I wanted to dye my hair a different color but just never got around to it.

Matthew came over and his eyes popped out of his head. He said that if he didnt know me he wouldnt have know that I was me . If that makes baby sense.

"Thanks baby !" He said to marsha and gave her a kiss.

"Now we have to go and get you a new phone and then. Go to the court house and change your name." At this I stopped. Change my name ? What for ? Its not like I went around yelling my name was Brooklyn-Jay to the murder. I love my name its beautiful and it fits me.

"What do you mean change my name? I love my name" I questioned getting into the car.

"I know you do. Its a very pretty name. But we still have to change it for security purposes"

"But-"

"No buts Brooklyn. Now its my job to keep you safe and dammit thats what I'm going to do" I didnt say anymore after that. We rode in silence until we got to the phone court house. Matt said he pre ordered my phone so we dont have to go there.

Walking into the court room I got a chill. If I thought my life was changing before now I'm really sure. I'm going to legally change my name.

"Have you thought about what you're going to change your name to ?"

"I uhh. I dont know. I thought they'd pick"

He began to laugh at me but I didnt see anything funny.

"Whats so funny Mathew?" I asked getting annoyed.

" Why ... why would they pick your name Brooke?"

"I dont know"

We walked up to the counter and he handled everything.

"I would like to have her name changed." The woman behind the counter pulled out the paperwork and started filling it out. Asking me questions every so often.

"Okay what would you like to change your name to ?

"Karter." I said before thinking. Why had I chose that name ? What was I thinking. I couldnt even change that because the lady already wrote it on the documents. it was too late. I was now Karter

"What about the last name ma'am?" Hmm. Might as well go with the family name from along time ago.

"Mosley. " she nodded her head and wrote it on the paper.

Once she was done she handed the papers over to me and asked me to sign them. Here I was conflicted do I sign. Brooklyn-Jay or Karter.

Almost as if reading my mind she said "You sign Karter"

I smiled and then signed my name. I am now Karter Mosley. How about that.

Once we were done we climbed into the car .

"You wanna go get something to eat?" He asked.

I was just about to answer when my stomach grumbled out causing me to blush.

He laughed. "I'll take that as a yes"

We drove to mcdonald's . Going in I ordered the chicken nuggets because I absolutely loved them.

Once we got our for we sat down .

"So Karter. Why'd you choose that name"

"I uh. Its kind of a long story"

He looked at me.

"Well go ahead and explain we have a lot of time"

"I had a daughter and well before she was born I decided her name was going to be Karter. But before I had her I ended up miscarrying and never got to give her that name"

"So you named yourself after your dead daughter?" He asked and I frowned.

"It was the first name that came to mind. And I said it without thinking"

"I'm not ragging on it. And I think that's cool that you did that. I love your new name"

After we finished eating we piled back into the car and he drove me to my hotel room.

"We fly out first thing tomorrow morning so be ready"

I nodded and stepped our the car. I was walking in when I bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry. Excuse me" I said looking up at the person. I realized that it was Rachel the lady that works here she was leaving.

"Well hello! " I said and she smiled. Looking around I smirked. Hmm.

Authors Note:

Okay first official chapter is up. Next chapter will start from Micah's P. O. V. I really hope you guys like this so far. Thanks for reading and if you haven't please do check out my other books. I love you all my little Tygers.

P.S Don't forget to vote and comment

Smooches,

-xoxoTygahh