"I know that I haven't been the most honorable woman you or your sons have ever known," she said embarrassedly. "I love Angel but the way we went about, well, everything, was wrong."

"I am in no position to judge," he said softly, "And I know your situation was not exactly cut and dry, especially toward the end."

Carrie nodded but her frown only became more exaggerated. "Joey is Angel's son. I know he is, I knew the moment I got the positive test. This baby," she whimpered, "This baby is Kevin's. There is no chance that she's not his daughter."

Felipe just nodded. The silence was unnerving so Carrie continued on.

"She'll be raised a Reyes and Angel loves her, I know he does, he won't treat her any different than Joey, but that's not my concern. We were planning to name her Marisol but I'm sitting here, looking at her, and I'm missing Kevin more than I have since his death," Carrie broke down. "He's dead because of me, he will never know his daughter because of me, and I miss him."

Felipe stood up from the visitor's chair and perched on the edge of the bed to comfort her. He didn't speak at first, letting her cry for a few minutes, then he tried to calm her.

"You will always miss him if you didn't then I'd be worried," Felipe told her, "But Kevin's blood is not on your hands, mija. That was his inevitable end. His work, his case against Galindo, it would have killed him eventually. The only thing you can do is raise that child the best way you can, love and support her, and never tell her the truth about her father."

Carrie looked at Felipe with surprise. "That was not what I was expecting," she admitted. "I thought you'd be one of those advocating for full disclosure."

"When the truth is dark and will add no light to one's life, it's best you leave it in the dark."

"Yeah," she stammered. "Can I ask you something?"

His eyes narrowed as he nodded at her.

"Do you think Angel left...purposely?"

"Never," Felipe said staunchly. "Angel has his faults, we all do, but he is loyal and he loves you and the kids."

"What...what if they got into it again?" She almost couldn't ask it out loud. "Do you think, one of them, could be-"

"No," he snapped. "I know my sons, they love each other, there is no way they could ever seriously hurt one another."

"Then where is he?" She whimpered. "We can't go to the police, we can't do anything."

"We wait," he said sagely despite his own fears and sorrow.

"W-wait?"

"We wait," he nodded sagely.

Reluctantly, she nodded. "What about the name? Are you okay with it?"

"I would be honored for my first granddaughter to have her abuela's name."

Swallowing down a sob, Carrie nodded. "Thank you."

Felipe kissed her forehead. "What do you need?"

"Just Angel," she whimpered.

"That I can't do," he said apologetically. "Have you spoke to the club?"

"Gilly and Taza are supposed to come by," she shrugged. "I spoke to Gilly right before I fell asleep."

"I should go then," he said. "Let you rest before they come."

"Please stay," she reached out for his hand. "Just till they get here?"

Felipe sat back down and nodded. "I can stay as long as you need me."

"Fuck," Angel growled as another giant splinter tore through his skin. "How do you know this is the right way? We could be digging out into the fucking desert."

EZ shook his head. "I'm as sure as I can be. We get through this shit and if there's anything left of this tunnel on the other side we should be home free."

"At least no one's gonna find him," Angel remarked darkly. "Did you even know there's a fucking tunnel here?"

"No," EZ looked at Angel nervously. "That's another mystery."

"Let's get outta this shit alive then we can solve that one."

"He wasn't bluffing," EZ said sadly. "Carrie was in labor. She left me a message when we were in lock up. I got it when I was coming out here to save your ass."

"Shit," Angel moaned.

"I'm sorry," EZ said sadly.

He shook his head. "I don't know if she even wants me there."

"Why?" EZ asked, throwing a giant rock behind them.

"That's Kevin's baby, E, I knew it before Potter said it. I always knew."

EZ nodded. "Do you wanna be there?"

"More than anything," he sighed. "I know she's still dealing with shit, with Kevin and what I did," he shook his head. "I love Carrie, I love Joey and I love Marisol. I killed Kevin, I gotta take care of her and I want to, but look at me, look at us. Stuck in a hole, in the middle of the fucking desert, with a dead body."

"As you told me, it's the life, all in."

"Yeah and look how that turned out with you," he said ruefully. "I can't even keep myself out of trouble, can I really protect them?"

"You both need to talk," EZ sighed. "Clear the air. I know Kevin is a sore subject, to put it mildly, but Angel, talk to her."

"Yeah," he grumbled, "If we get outta here alive."