Chapter 7: Words have power

36 

Kim unfolded the letter and read it. 

'Kimberly Ann, if you're reading this I could possibly be missing or deceased. There are a few things I need to say, but could never say them in person. Call me a coward if you need to. 

1. I left because you said yes to marrying Ron. 

2. I thought you liked me-liked me. I mean this in a romantic way. 

3. If you haven't figured it out yet, yes I am gay. Though there was the whole thing with Barkin, but I was under the influence of good. I wasn't myself at all. 

4. I confess I like you a lot more than I should. 

I will always wonder if you ever felt anything at all for me. Just know that I've had feelings for you for a long time. I always will. 

                                                                                                                                                       Shannon 

By the end of this short letter Kim was fully crying and Ron was there for her to cry on. The letter fell to the floor. "Why didn't she tell me? She could've said something." 

"Shego-Shannon was scared. Have you EVER seen her scared of anything?" Ron picked up the paper. "There's no date on this." It's because it had been recently written. 

Kim shook her head. "I miss her so much." She cried out. "I'm sorry, Ron. I am so sorry." She cried deeper into a couch pillow she now held tightly.

37

Shannon was being stared down by Mego in the kitchen. His arms were crossed and he was irritated with her. "You really think it's better this way? I mean to keep poor Kim in the dark about you."Mego sighed and saw the wetness on her face. 

"What if . . . " She started, but Mego waved a finger in her face. 

"No, Shannon, just stop it with what if. You are a Gordon, A GO! You're still kinda evil. You're a badass and you know it. Other villians are afraid of you and respect you too. And this of all things has you in a pool of self pity and doubt. I mean being silent all these years has only made all of us sad. Hego knew all along, but still there are so many others that would love to see you smile at them, especially Kim." 

Mego continued, "Do you know how HARD it was to face Ron and not mention you're alive and to tell Kim? That tore me up inside. You know words have great power and can affect someone deeply, right?" 

"Gahhh, I feel like a big fricking loser. Coming back home has made me reconsider so many things. Thanks for being a great brother and doing me that favor. I just need a plan. I need these next few days to come up with something worthy of me being back." Shannon got up and went to the elevator of the GO Tower. 

She really needed a power nap right about now. 

38

Kim watched as Drakken blew his nose into a tissue. She saw how upset he was. "Are you sure you didn't get a letter from Mego or Hego?" 

Drakken sipped on his Cocoa-Moo and looked at Kim. "Nothing. I haven't gotten anything. You would think Shego would send me something. We did work together for many years. I thought we were cool ya know. I do regret that incident with the glowing red dot things on your heads." 

Kim laughed, "Wow, you mean The Neuro-Compliance Chip, and mind control. Even I won't forgive you for that one. I mean you dressed me like Shannon! That color green doesn't suit me well. Enough with the past for now. I need to talk to Mego." Kim got her Kimmunicator 4.0 out and called Mego. 

"Can you come over I really want to talk to you." 

Mego felt awkward and made up an excuse. "I've got plans with my wife. We'll do something soon." He said and hung up. 

"I might go over to GO Tower tomorrow do you want to come with me?" She asked Drakken. 

Drakken perked up. "Sounds like fun . . . I think. Are you sure Shego's brothers won't put me in a cell?" 

Kim smiled at him. "I won't let them." 

39

The next day was cloudy and gray. Drakken nervously walked behind Kim as she put in the code to get in. "Come on." She said as he tip-toed his way into the elevator. 

"Miss Possible." A robotic voice said. "What floor do you desire?" 

"Search for Mego and drop me off there, please and thank you." Kim replied as the voice came back. 

"Do you claim your passenger?" The voice sounded almost rude. 

Kim nodded at the camera. "Yes, he's with me." 

The elevator stopped at the main control center and they got out. No one was expecting them of course. 

Mego was searching the internet for vacation rentals. 

"Hey, how's it going?" Kim said and Mego jumped up. 

"Kim!" He squeaked out. "Why is Drakken with you?"

She shrugged and walked over to him. "He gets lonely staying in his lair all alone." She looked at the big screen. "Going to Spain soon?" 

"My wife wants to travel. I'm picking out some places for us to go to." He honestly said to her. 

40

"Can we please talk about this letter?" She pulled it out of a pocket and laid it on the table. 

Mego tried to stay as cool and calm as possible. "What about it?" 

"Did you read what Shego wrote in it?" Drakken said bubbily, "She said she loves Kim isn't that something." 

Mego eyed him. "You never knew she was gay did you?" 

Drakken shook his head. "Not a clue. She heavily flirted with me and kissed me, but she was on something." 

"Another mirco chipped thing. Those damned Moodulators. Our emotions got the best and worst of us." Kim pointed at the letter. "Where did you find this?" 

Mego shut down the site he was looking at and played up his sadness. "In a pile of clothes in her closet. I was deciding what to give to the local women's shelter."

That made Kim feel even more sad inside of her heart. "Oh, I see and that is a good idea. First - did you read this at all?" 

Mego sighed, "Yes, Kim, she loved you and likely still does." He came closer to her. "What's the first thing you'd do if you ever saw her again?" 

Kim smiled to herself. "Slap her then kiss her." 

41

Mego laughed. "Why slap her?" 

"For being gone so damn long. Do you know something I don't?" Kim said, narrowing her eyebrows at him. 

Mego tapped his fingers on the table. "I just keep wondering what I would say if she ever returned. If she can return that is. I hate thinking my sister is dead somewhere. I just feel like she isn't though." 

That hope gave Kim some extra hope as well. "I've tried looking for her for so long." 

"Maybe it's time we stop looking." Drakken chimed in. "Maybe she'll come home when she is ready. Or maybe she is .  .  . gone." 

"Thanks for souring the mood even more." Kim bit at him. She took Hego's chair and sat in it. 

Mego got worried. "You should go now." He was afraid Shannon would pop in at any moment. 

Kim felt weird. She got up and looked Mego over. "If anything come up please tell me." 

Mego nodded. "I will I promise." 

For some odd reason Kim felt like she was being lied to.