Jay x Reader: Vines

Jay x reader (whoopsie, another bc I'm biased✌)
Type: fluff
Words: 614
As always, if you want a part 2 or would like to see it continued as a book, comment or pm! 💖

Jay walker.

He was a complete and total wiz in my physics class.
He aced all the tests, did perfect on all of the homework. He excelled in a class that was already full a lot of smarter kids, without even seeming to try all too hard. No- without seeming to try at all!
He was honestly the perfect student; if I was a teacher, I would be overjoyed to have even a few kids like him. To even have a kid like him.
He did perfect, and made the teacher look good.

Which I could never understand, since he watched cat videos in class every day.
How the hell did he manage to do so well? I had to ask him for help every now and again, and I was actually paying attention!
Well... I tried to, at least!

In my defense, it is VERY hard to pay attention in class when the kid that sits in front of you is constantly watching funny videos; cute cats, vines, epic kid wipeouts... It's very hard.

But, it was still very amusing, I had to admit. The boy would stiffle giggles, slyly hiding his phone from the teacher when she would look around. He was too slick to be caught.

I could respect that, really. It was pretty humorous, I'm not even gonna try and lie. He amused me, even if he probably didn't realize it.

So, during glass, I had written down a list of videos that I thought he would enjoy watching. Once class was dismissed, I stood, holding out the little slip of paper.

I wasn't sure what made me so bold, but I smiled at the boy. "Thought you would enjoy the things I wrote down. Some videos, my number." I said with a shrug. "Watch 'em and text me, maybe we can talk about more." I said boldly, before leaving him to gape as I walked to class.

---

Holy shit, I didn't actually expect this boy to text me. I honestly thought he would be uncomfortable. I mean, I had acted a bit boldly, after all.

But a text. I got a text.

Unknown number:
"Hey, it's Jay.
Although that last video was hilarious, you coulda warned me he was in a skintight pink suit and said lots of profanities."
"And I mean LOTS"
"But it was pretty funny!"

Good lord, the boy texts like he talks. A lot.
Multiple texts that coulda all been in one; just like how he talked, he would say Multiple things at once at times, leaving the previous topic in the dust randomly.

Smiling a bit at the texts, I replied.

Me:
"You don't know me well enough to know what to expect. Guess the types of videos were probably a rollercoaster. Animal video, vine, then a good 'ol profane one. Ah, yes. A funny video rollercoaster, perfect."

After that, Jay and I messaged all night. And the next day, he gave me an earbud as well, the two of us watching videos in class  as I looked over his shoulder at his phone screen.
The two of us muffled our giggles and laughs, hiding the phone and ear buds when the teacher looked over.

And, of course, this gave Jay a reason to tutor me in physics since I want paying attention at all now.
Not that I minded, of course.

So, thanks to all the viners, YouTubers, and clumsy ass kids; you helped me talk to my eventual boyfriend.