seventeen

"nick what do i do?" i sobbed in the passenger seat. he sat helplessly patting my back, unsure of what to say. "he broke up with me in a fucking group chat! he couldn't even tell me in private or in person. and he had the nerve to tell me to date one of his best friends! who does he think i am? i should've ignored your guys' fans in my comments and none of this would've happened!" loud sobs continued to rack my body and i sniffled loudly. "zion is my bandmate and all, and i love him a lot but he really fucked up valentina. none of this was your fault, okay?" i nodded my head and looked at him sadly. i hated that zion was out doing god knows what and i was crying in a sonic parking lot at 2 am.

nick grabbed my hand and rubbed small circles. he was deep in thought when he said," you know, you need to pull yourself together. tomorrow we're gonna go out and you're gonna look nice and pretty, which won't be very hard for you, and it's gonna look like you were never phased. zion needs to know what he's missing out on." i didn't want to go out or even put clothes besides pijamas on. still, i nodded and smiled at him. i felt bad for ignoring the rest of the boys but nick was really the only person i felt that i could trust.

"maybe it was my fault. i was probably just overreacting and zion got tired of it. sammi is so much prettier than me and she's probably not insecure. he told me he was attracted to confidence and that's something i don't have, sammi is perfect and i was dumb to think he'd pick me when he could have her," i said sadly. i drank some of nicks shake which slightly brightened my mood. "okay now you're just talking out of your ass, sammi is a fucking roach and you know it. don't blame yourself for zions fuck up, okay? you are absolutely beautiful, zion is just too blind to see it. he's always had commitment issues so if anything this is all his fault. he was a shitty boyfriend and you don't deserve that. he's probably thinking about how he fucked up right now."

i shook my head and showed him my phone. it was very apparent that zion was clearly not missing me and having the time of his life.

INSTAGRAM

*** likes | *** comments

ZIONKUWONU. the night just started babyyy tagged: rachillll

VIEW ALL COMMENTS...

EDWINHONORET. too fuckin lit bro

RACHILLLL. glad you had a good time, we def need to do it again 😏
| USER1. sis pull up your pants... your whole ass g string is showing 🤢

PRKR. no photo creds.... as usual 😪

USER2. i have the perfect reaction picture for this

TATIANAROSE. you broke up with val for this... yikes.
| USER3. omfg v's bestfriend just confirmed they broke up im so sad 😭

_____

"val... im sorry. i didn't think he'd be out partying right now," nick trails off and lifts my chin to look at him. "we're sitting in a fast food parking lot sharing a milkshake while i cry over one of your best friends, this couldn't get more sad," i say trying to laugh but it comes out flat.

he doesn't say anything and simply starts the car. the drive back to my apartment is silent and at some point i stop crying and wipe my face. when we arrive, nick is still quiet but helps me pick out clothes for tomorrow. "we can go somewhere with good scenery or something. or maybe a café, i don't know. ooh! and wear a little makeup too and i can take pictures for your instagram. you're gonna be that bitch, v."

i laugh at his comment and wrap my comforter around my body. "can we go to the beach? i don't want to wear any makeup," i say pouting at the end. he nods and gives me a hug," okay then. ill pick you up early, bye val." i grab his hand as he turns away and he gives me a questioning look. i tug his arm and pull him slightly closer to me.

"stay. please."