Chapter 4 | A Fallen Star

Every star up there is another world...
It's hard to believe there are so many
worlds out there besides our own...
The light is their hearts, and it's
shining down on us like a million lanterns...
—Terra

♥ ♥ ♥

She was confused. What was that voice? Who's voice was it? Why would they tell me this?These questions ran through her mind like a super nova. Distracted from her daily chores, all because of a simple phrase that hasn't meant anything to her. It was nearly five in the evening, and she still hadn't gotten ready for the Masquerade, she desperately wanted to go to. Kairiella even had admitted, truthfully, that she didn't even want to meet the prince. She believed he was arrogant and stuck up, with his mind in the gutter.

Her chores were done. She'd cleaned the entire manor top to bottom, for hours, and had helped her cousins get ready. Kairiella had believed that if she had done everything she was supposed to do, then maybe—just maybe—her Aunt Larxene would allow her to go to the ball.

With haste, Kairiella went up to her room to search for some kind of formal dress. She ended up finding a trunk with a letter inside it. It was addressed to her:

𝙈𝙮 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙙𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙧, 𝙆𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙞. 

𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙢𝙮 𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙢𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧, 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙮 𝙢𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙄 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙨 𝙞𝙩. 𝙄 𝙬𝙞𝙨𝙝 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙪𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪.

𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙛𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙡𝙚, 𝙨𝙤, 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙛𝙪𝙡.

—𝓜𝓸𝓶 ♥

Kairiella had teared up, reading the letter. She barely even remembers her own mother and she felt guilty about it. Nonetheless, she wiped away her tears and put the letter aside, to see the beautiful dress, hidden in the trunk she had found. Admiring its beauty, she decided to put it on.

The dress was a royal blue, and it had a more traditional style, as it flows from top to bottom and has a semi-sweethear neckline, which subtly reveals the refined dress worn below it. The flowing, tightly tied fabric of her dress, covers her stomach where the continuous flow is broken up by a bow with silk-like qualities that rests slightly to the side, and is worn fairly low around her waist.

Below the waist, the dress fits snug around her and has a straight style. The dress reaches to just above her ankles and is slightly longer in the back.

Kairiella loved the dress. If only I had matching shoes to go with it. She sighed, at the thought. So, to cure her sadness of not having any shoes to go with it, Kairiella decided to check the trunk for a pair of shoes to go with the traditional dress. Fortunately, for her luck, she found a pair of Mary Janes, a strange, yet seemingly perfect choice.

Putting the shoes on, Kairiella felt the dress wasn't complete, nor did she think she was ready either. However, because her hair was cut short, she could not do anything special with it. So, instead, she took the only piece of jewelry she had, and put it on.