Chapter 7 - Confessions and Comas

Start from the beginning

Quinn stood by the sink in her bathroom, looking into the mirror hanging right above it. She looked a mess, just like she suspected, with mascara leaking down her cheeks and different smudges of makeup to accompany it. She heard the front door open, then close again, signalling Nexus' exit, then began actively willing herself not to cry again. She starting to remove her makeup completely, hoping it would distract her from the emotions building up inside her, when the door to the bathroom suddenly opened. Nexus stood in the doorway, staring at her with the same emotionless, contemplating expression he'd worn earlier. Quinn let out a quiet gasp of surprise, before he began making his was towards her, getting closer and closer. She held her ground despite being slightly intimidated by his silence, remaining in the exact spot she had been in as she opened her mouth to talk "Nex-" Before she even had the chance to say his name he cupped her cheek in one hand, the other holding her waist as he suddenly pushed his lips firmly against hers, causing a surprised squeak to slip from her mouth before she was cut off completely. The world seemed to stop for the two of them, like simply being with each other was the only thing that mattered. Nexus quickly turned the kiss more passionate, with Quinn matching him as she melted into it, one hand resting against his chest while the other wrapped around his neck. They stayed where they were for a short while, both simply enjoy their first real, desire filled kiss, before Quinn slowly pulled away from him. She stared up at him, meeting his gaze as she caught her breath, then saw the small smile he was wearing and couldn't help but let out a laugh. "Took you long enough." She said softly, moving her hand to graze her fingertips gently down his cheek. "I found out that's typically how most dates end. Thought I'd give it a shot." He said as he looked down at her, still holding her close to him. She smirked slightly, then placed both hands on his chest and gave him a tiny shove away. He unwrapped his arms from her at the action, flashing her a confused look as he was forced to step back. "You made me cry." She stated, crossing her arms over her chest as she gave him an accusing look. "I didn't-" He started to object then let out a small sigh, rubbing the back of his neck "I might've pushed it a little. I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you." "Hmm...I'm tempted to hold you to that. But, I suppose in a sense you've already made it up to me." She said, which put a smile on Nexus' face as he took a step towards her again, only to be stopped by a finger being pointed at his chest "That doesn't mean you've made up for the amount of time you made me wait for this!" He sighed and looked down, and she let out a quiet giggle before going back to her mirror "I think we ought to get some sleep. It's been an eventful day." She said as she quickly started to remove the rest of her makeup. "I agree." Nexus said, watching her from his spot in the bathroom with his hands shoved in his pockets "So now that we're...you know...do we like...share a bed?" Quinn paused for a second, then suddenly erupted into laughter. Nexus felt his cheeks go red, but did his best to hide it when she turned around to look at him "You've kissed me once and think the next step is sharing a bed?" "Well, when you put it like that-" "Also, now that we're what exactly? I don't remember you ever asking me to be your anything." "I just-...I thought that-..." Nexus shut up, figuring it'd be better for him to simply remain silent rather than risk looking like more of an idiot. "Relax. You're new to this, you get free passes." She said, taking off the last bit of makeup and turning to walk over to him, suddenly looping both arms around his neck "Plus, things might move a little quicker for us considering how long these feelings have been lingering. We'll talk about it tomorrow, kay? And as tempting as it is to let you sleep in my bed with me, I think we should withhold from that for the time being." Nexus let out a quiet exhale, then gave a small nod as he looked at her "Sounds good to me. Couch it is." "Good boy." She said, standing on her tip toes to quickly plant a kiss on his lips before making her way to the door "I'm off to bed then. There's a blanket beside the couch if you get cold. Night babe." "Night." Nexus said, somewhat surprised by her flirtatious nickname, before she flashed him a smile and left the bathroom, leaving him standing there alone. He looked in the mirror as a small smile reappeared on his face, one that refused to budge no matter how hard he willed it to go. Maybe that wasn't a bad thing, however. He was letting his guard down in a way he never had before, but the moment he'd shared with Quinn had sparked emotions in him he never thought he'd feel. And he was certainly happier because of it, that was clear immediately. He left the bathroom and headed back to the couch, flicking off the light switch as he did so. Once he had laid down, it took practically no time for him to fall asleep, despite the fact he'd been unconscious for days. He slept peacefully, content with the way the night had ended.