chapter 6

(Miyaki's POV- 4 am the next morning)

I woke up and looked to see Haruhi still asleep beside me. I got up and quickly wrote a note if she wakes up early. I then grabbed my running clothes and my cellphone. I went to change in the bathroom. Once I was changed I went to the front door and quickly put on my running shoes before opening the door to go for a morning run. I closed the door behind me and I jogged down the stairs. I jogged to the sidewalk and stretched slightly. Once I was done stretching I quickly got into position and started to sprint. I decided to do a few stunts so I climbed up onto a few wooded boxes and flipped off of them grabbing a metal pole before I swung around on the pole and landed on top of the next one. I quickly continued to sprint on top of the poles and I yelled out excitedly when I jumped off of the end with a double spin flip. I rolled on the ground and was up again running once I stopped rolling. I had a huge smile on my face as I continued to run. I felt my phone buzz and I grabbed it. I clicked a button and it stopped buzzing. I made a turn and went down an alleyway. I then noticed it was a dead end so I sped up slightly and jumped up. I grabbed the edge of the wall and flipped over it. I landed on the other side and sprint to my home. Once I had made it there I noticed Haruhi coming down the stairs. She sighed as she saw me. " you know, this is normally the time I leave to go to school. I walk so I suggest you hurry up. There are barely any shortcuts and I'm leaving because I have to be there on time. Good luck, Imōuto. See ya." Haruhi says and I nod I quickly go up the stairs and I grab a change of clothes. I then go into the bathroom and take a four minute shower. Then I get out and I get dressed into a black skirt, a white button up shirt, a black zip up hoodie, and a pair of knee socks. I check the time on my phone. I put my hair into a high ponytail and I grabbed my school bag from my room. I then head out the door after I pulled on my running shoes. I stuffed a cinnamon bread into my mouth and my school loafers in my bag. Then I jumped over the railing holding my skirt. I took off in a sprint right away. I raced around corner after corner. I decided to go along the rooftops because it will be quicker. I jump up onto some boxes and then onto the roof of a building. I pull myself up and then I take off into a sprint once more I hopped from building to building. I could have sworn I saw Haruhi walking on the sidewalk but I didn't double check. I continued to run at a fast pace. Soon enough I was in front of the school on top of a roof. I jumped off of the roof and I rolled slightly I heard a couple people scream as I hit the ground. Once I stopped rolling I stood up and shouted. "Yeah! New time!!" I shouted and I felt something hit my head and soon heard some panting. "You damn idiot! What the fudging heck do you think you are doing!? Running on the rooftops!? Are you insane?!" Haruhi yelled and I smiled sheepishly after holding the back of my head in pain. "Hehehehe! Hey, Nīisan! How have you been on this fine morning?" I said and she huffed loudly. "We are not done with this topic, Imōuto! Come on, let's go get you your schedule." Haruhi said and smiled at me softly. I nod my head and follow her into the pink school. We walk down several hallways, up a couple flights of stairs, down two more hallways, and into a rather large office after getting a "come in" from the other side. Once we heard the okay we entered. I gasped when I saw the person behind the desk. Haruhi looked at me confused. I ran up to them and gripped his hands in my own tightly. "Oh my goodness! Are you sleeping well, sir!?" I said worriedly. His eyes widen slightly. "Oh! I must admit I have had a few nights where i did overwork. I should be fine though miss." he said but I stood up straight and put my hands on my hips. I gave him a stern look. "I don't think so mister. You go take a nap. Right now. It is not good to keep yourself from sleep. Now go lay down on that couch." I said and he went to oppose when I gave him an extremely stern look and pointed. He stood up looking like a kicked puppy and walked over to the couch. I followed him, grabbing an extra blanket from a wardrobe on the left wall, and placing it over him. I kissed his forehead after he closed his eyes. I sat beside him and shooed Haruhi off. She nodded and left to go to her class. I sat beside him on the floor and grabbed a book from my bag. Not long after I grabbed my book I heard light snoring. I looked back and smiled softly at the man behind me. I continued to read my book and I sat beside him for a long while.