Chapter 4

(Miyuki's POV- in her apartment)

Haruhi and I where sitting on my bed after we finished making it. Well we finished making it after we finished laughing ourselves to death! "I mean, come on! Are they always like that?" I ask and she chuckles shaking her head. "Worse! I bet they are still outside your door hoping for you to let them in! They did that to me once! When I walked out the next morning I was surprised that the where all laying on the platform asleep!" Haruhi says and I chuckle softly. I then remembered that I have to make dinner tonight. "Oh! I just remembered that I have to make dinner before Mel gets here this afternoon!" I say and Haruhi chuckles. "Go ahead with that and I'll put on some music. Is that okay?" Haruhi is so nice. She is like a big teddy bear at times. I nod my head yes to her question and stand up. As I walk out to the kitchen I hear her exclaim "Perfect!" behind me before I hear the song playing through my small radio. I tap my foot to the beat as I wash all of the supplies I need for Takiyaki. When it gets to a certain part in the song I just have to sing along.

(A/N: I just want to let y'all know that the video above it if you don't want to sing the lyrics below. I know people are sensitive about their voices so I just wanted to give you the option. Thanks for reading so far!)

I started to sing along with Haruhi and we both ended up singing together.

"You put your love out on the line, your never said yes to the right guy. You never had trouble getting what you want, but when it comes to you I'm never good enough." Haruhi started.

"When I don't care I can play 'em like a Ken doll. Won't wash my hair, make 'em bounce like a basketball." I sang and then we sang together from that point on switching out. (A/N: I am too lazy to keep switching like this so ill put in italics what Miyuki sings and in underline what Haruhi sings.)

"Why you, make me want to act like a girl. Paint my nails and where high heels. For you. Make me so nervous but I just can't hold your hand. You make me glow. But cover up won't let it show.  So I'm putting my defenses up, cause I don't want to fall in love. If I ever did that, I think i'd have a heart attack, I think i'd have a heart attack, I think I'd have a heart attack. Never break a sweat for the other guys, but when you come around I get paralyzed. And everytime I try to be myself, it comes out wrong like a cry for help. It's just not fair, brings more trouble than love is worth. I gasp for air, feels so good but you know it hurts. But you, make me want to act like a girl. Paint my nails and wear perfume. For you, you make me so nervous but just can't hold your hand. You make me, glow. But you cover up won't let it show. So I'm putting my defenses up, cause I don't want to fall in love. If I did that, I think i'd have a heart attack, I think i'd have heart attack, I think i'd have a heart attack. Those feelings are lost in my lungs. Their burning I'd rather be numb. But there's no one else to blame. So scared I take off in a run. I'm flying to close to sun. And I burst into flames. Flames. You make me glow. But you cover up, don't let it show. So I'm putting my defenses up. Putting my defenses up. Cause I don't want to fall in love. If I ever did that, I think i'd have a heart attack, I think i'd have a heart attack, I think i'd have a heart attack. Woah. Oh, I think i'd have a heart attack. Attack, attack, attack. Uh, Woah. I think i'd have a heart attack."

After we finished the song Haruhi walked up to me and patted my back. "Wow! You have a great voice Miyuki!" Haruhi said and I chuckled. "Thanks! You have a good one too!" I said and Haruhi shook her head. "Please don't tell anyone. No one knows I have a good singing voice. I pretend not to have one." Haruhi says and I nod my head in understanding. "Sure! I won't tell a soul! Not even a butterfly!" I say and Haruhi giggles cutely. I laugh along with her. "Hey! Haruhi I heard that Ouran has a really good musical arts program and I was wondering if that is true?" I ask and she nods her head enthusiastiy. "Yeah it sure does. It is really big in Ouran. It gets really good scholarships to major music collages if you are in the class all four years of highschool." Haruhi says and I nod my head understanding. "Well I guess it is a good thing I an entering my first year of high school instead of any other grade." I say and she nods her head in agreement. I heard someone exclaim something outside of my front door. We both looked that way only to see Mel open the door with her key and all six boys standing behind her. Haruhi gives me a look and we both giggle. I asked Haruhi to set the table for three as I walked over to Mel. "Hey Mel! Glad you could make it. I just finished dinner. Also what are you idiots still doing here?" I ask and the tall blonde steps back with a hand to his chest in a dramatic pose. I close the door on them after Mel comes in. I hear Haruhi laughing as she finished setting the table and was watching the whole scene. I walk up to her after locking the door and we high five each other. I hear outside as the tall blonde yelled something about his "Daughter is being so mean!" and calling out for a "Mommy!" I just continue to the kitchen to get the food on the plates. I walk out balancing three plates on my arms. I walk over to the table and place them down in the respected spots as Mel comes back out of her room with her work clothes gone and in some baggy sweat pants and a tank top. I chuckle and sit in my spot, Mel sits in hers and Haruhi sits in the other spot. We ate dinner and Mel asked Haruhi a series of none stop questions until it was time for bed. I got up from my seat and pull Haruhi with me to my bed room. We both laugh as we get a pair of pj's from my closet. I give her a pair of mine because we fit the same size, well almost. I have a larger chest then Haruhi so that is the only difference. I let Haruhi take a shower in my bathroom and then I take one after her. I take a quick shower only washing my hair and then getting dressed into my spaghetti strap nightgown and wrapping my hair in to a towel before heading back to my bedroom. I see Haruhi sitting on my bed with one of my books in her hands. I chuckle as I sit on the edge of the bed. I grab my hairbrush and brush my hair. I then lay down on the bed as Haruhi put the book on the nightstand next to her. She turns off the light and I close my eyes muttering a good night. I hear her say the same and we fall asleep. I had a dream about my parents that night. I watched as they laughed and played around with a younger version of me. I cried softly and ended up letting out a sob. I woke up and looked at the time on my alarm clock. "2:30 am....... Great........ " I say and lay there hiding my sobs. I feel a hand on my arm and look over to see Haruhi smile softly at me. I hugged her and cried into her shoulder until the alarm went off. I slowly stopped crying and Haruhi turned off the alarm as I sat up and stretched. I stood up and started to walk towards my closet as Haruhi stood up as well. I got out some clothes and went into the bathroom to change. "I'll change out here okay?" Haruhi said and I nodded my head. I closed the door and changed into the dress I picked out.