A Strange Encounter

Tauriel awoke the next morning to find herself in her room.

"Hmm..don't remember walking here last night." She thought out loud.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Probably got drunk and made a fool of myself and stumbled home.." She mumbled. She was quite a petite Elf so she didn't hold her liquor very well at all.

Tauriel had also previously had the unfortunate experience of getting drunk at a wedding. It was the marriage ceremony of Lady Tríllis of Lothlórien and Prince Arod; the ruler of men. It was the first time Tauriel had been to an event of such excitement, Legolas had taken her as his date. They were merely friends; but the two of them had experienced a few 'moments' together. At the after party Tauriel had a few drinks..well more than a few. This resulted in some unforgettable (unforgettable for all the wrong reasons) dancing on the tables. Legolas ended up carrying her home and unfortunately for him she sang the whole way.

Tauriel's body shuddered and she tried to shake the memories of that night from her mind. She suddenly remembered she had a morning patrol out in the forest. Her slender fingers made quick work at unbuttoning and removing her night gown before putting her usual attire of a tunic, leather armour and her belt containing her twin knives on. She strapped the quiver of arrows onto her back and picked up her bow and gripped it tightly in her hand.

She smiled softly to herself as she made her way to the palace. She loved patrols in the morning; but not too early - Tauriel definitely wasn't an early morning person. She bowed deeply when she reached Thranduil's throne. He waved a hand dismissively.

"Rise." Thranduil said calmly, yet with a slight hint of confusion in his voice.

"Sorry My Lord." She said, and rose to her full height as she has been instructed to do. "What shall you have me do on patrol?" She asked.

"I want you to clear another spider's nest, due north east." He said. "I trust you and Legolas are capable of this?" Thranduil asked.

"Why of course, My Lord." She said with a nod.

Legolas walked into the throne room and Tauriel bowed her head towards him as he stood beside her. "My Prince." She greeted.

"Tauriel.." He gently put his hand under her chin and lifts her head so his eyes met with hers. "My name is Legolas to you. I am your friend, and friends do not bow; mellon."

Thranduil cleared his throat; clearly annoyed by the friendly and flirty behaviour being displayed by the two of them. "Anyhow; you need to clear this nest as soon as possible. Go." He shooed them with his hand and relaxed back into his throne.

Tauriel nodded and walked out of the great hall; Legolas following shortly behind.

"Been out hunting lately?" Legolas asked to make some light conversation.

"Yeah; quite a bit actually. Found some Orc scouts in the woods the other day. Killed them off though. Yourself?" She asked as she glanced down at the forest floor.

He nodded. "Yes. But not too often; Ada has been on my back about finding someone to marry." He sighed. "There's only one person I want to be with, but he would never allow it." He said.

"Oh..I'm sorry to hear." She said in a comforting tone. "I'm always here if you need to talk." She offered.

"Thank you Tauriel." He smiled softly at her.

"Wait..did you hear that?" Tauriel asked. She stopped dead in her tracks and looked around.

"Up here. In the tree!" Legolas whispered loudly.

He reached his hand out as he crouched in the thick lower branches of a tree and helped her up.

"Thanks." She smiled warmly at him as she knelt beside him.