Shot Down

Tauriel lay on the ground, her only movement being the shaking of her body as she cried out in pain. She had been shot by an Orc whilst she was out hunting alone. People had warned her hunting alone was dangerous, but she wasn't used to being injured by her enemies. She always won, always defeated them, so she was having a hard time grasping exactly what had happened to her.

The Orc pack luckily had left her alone, assuming she was dead, she would be soon though if she didn't get to the healers. The amount of blood pouring out of her calf was tremendous and it made her feel dizzy and weak. However, her wound was too deep and painful for her to stand let alone walk back to the palace to find help.

Footsteps approached and she gasped softly, worried it was an Orc returning to check on her state. What if they saw her move? What if they had heard her screams and cries of pain? Would they beat her more? Torture her? She didn't have time nor reason to answer these questions as Legolas emerged from behind the bushes.

"Tauriel!" He raised both eyebrows in disbelief as his eyes rest upon her bloody leg and pale face.

"My Prince.." She said softly with a half smile as she realised it was him. Help had arrived.

"Whatever is the matter? What happened to you?" He asked; unable to see the arrow lodged in her leg as it was hidden from view by the cloth of her tunic.

"I was shot...by an Orc." She said. "I am so sorry..I have failed you and your Ada in my duties to clear the forest..." She lowered her head and sighed.

"No, no Tauriel. You have failed no one. But there's no time to speak, I must get you to the palace." He took a few steps closer to her and gently picked her up off the ground.

"My Prince...thank you." She whispered as her eyes closed from exhaustion.

"Legolas. Call me Legolas." He replied softly.

~~~~~

"Somebody! Help! I need healers, Tauriel is wounded!" Legolas' voice echoed off the walls of the great Elven palace as he ran through the halls; Tauriel in his arms.

He turned left into a small room and set her down on the bed while he waited for healers to arrive. They rushed in just moments after he set her down and gasped when they saw what had happened.

"Orcs?" One of the healers asked.

Legolas nodded. "Got it in one." He said. "Please, excuse me while I report to my Ada." He turned on his heel and exited the room; making his way to the throne room.

"Ada." Legolas called as he walked towards the large stairs, mounting Thranduil's great throne above anyone who came to speak to him.

"My child, what is wrong? You look most concerned." Thranduil said as he rested his chin on his hand.

"It's Tauriel. She's been shot by an Orc. I found her out in the woods. Alone." He said.

Thranduil's eyes widened and he swiftly descended from his throne. "Tauriel?" He repeated her name.

Legolas nodded. "She's worried she failed us in her duties." He added.

Thranduil sighed. "She is a most strange Elf, is she not? An arrow inside her body and all she worries about is her duties." Thranduil let out a half chuckle, more nervous than anything.

The truth was; Thranduil had become quite close with Tauriel over the years and he had begun to grow fond of her. Never had he mentioned these feelings, but he was certain she felt the same towards him. Hearing she was in pain and such a dire situation made his heart race fast with fear.