Walking a couple more footsteps, I make my way onto the porch. I look down to see the puddles of water that are dirty due to the dust that had mixed with the puddles.

Reaching into my pocket, I clutch a pair of metal keys and unlock the door slowly.

I trudge into the living space after opening the lock, letting my backpack slump on the floor. Pursing my lips, I looked around as I let my hands rest on my hips.

Nothing to do but homework. I'm just going to do late at night.

I chuckle inwardly, still pondering on what I could do to pass the rest of the dimming daylight. Definitely not spend it inside.

Grabbing my wallet, I gingerly walk back to the front door, still ajar. Pulling my hood gently over my locks, I stroll out of the house and past the gate.

I let my eyes trace the bustling streets, noticing the tiny unimportant details hidden in the corners of each turn. Some lights were neon, while others were plainly printed signs.

I left the security of my house and was back loitering on the streets.

...

Ring. Ring.

The shop's bell tinkled gently as the door drifted gently back to its frame. A strong and biting breeze hit my pale face at the sudden contact. Scrunching up my nose, I huddle into my warm sweatshirt underneath my jacket.

Grasping the coffee as it was the only warmth, I bring it towards my lips and gently tip the cup. I slowly relish its heat as I trace my index finger across the logo on the cup.

The streets were beginning to become familiar; I had often wandered the streets to explore. but also to see if I could spot the pretty boy again.

It was as if he was a spirit, only seen once to never be seen again. Not even to mention no one noticed his absence, except me of course.

The city around me started to feel alive underneath my shoes, the cars honking and the people walking by.

I continue dawdling until I come across a painfully familiar place—a place I had tried to steer clear of. I guess I was too lost in thought.

My eyes linger on the sight of the alleyway only to see an unsuspected sight.

A thrill rushed through my back as I glanced towards my right. My fingers squeezed my coffee even tighter, eyes narrowing as I searched the shadowed alley.

This time, there was a crimson beauty resting there. Standing there for several minutes, I stared across the street at the enchanting sight; it was attracting. Exactly the kind of trouble I didn't want to get into—especially at this time of the day.

But despite my instincts, I couldn't help hungrily staring at the car. It's front lights like the eyes of a cat, seeing through my soul. It's sleek and shiny body, neatly kept, rushing through the wind as it accelerated. The inside was empty and the Ferrari turned off, but I fantasized the headlights beaming, the front seat occupied, the growl of the motor growing.

The faint spots of mud splatters that mirrored ink on the wheels and the exterior was a sign that it had been recently driven. And it was a car used for racing, but drag racing or illegal?

Flinching at my rash thoughts, I scolded myself at even the notion of that. I couldn't fall into this kind of trap again. Not after everything. No one could know, no one should find out.

Worries aside, I still stood like an idiot, the corners of my mouth morphing into a smirk.

I could almost imagine it: my hands dripping with sweat seizing the wheel as the car jerked awake. Tires screeching as they tore up the dust and left a dense cloud on its tracks.

My senses heightened, the aroma of the dank air mixed with coffee wafting around me. But there was another stench; a putrid one. The unmistakable scent of cigarette smoke that overpowered the musky scent of the night.

Which was just another unmistakable clue that I was being observed.

Without making it look like I was retreating, I briskly pace towards the next block. My heart was thumping deliriously, my palms getting clammier and my hair sticking to my forehead.

Slouching my posture, I skirt the corner, eager to get out of the loud silence that surrounded me. Fully disappearing behind the moist brick wall, I broke into a sprint, my lungs working as fast as they could.

I could feel someone pursuing me, in the shadows—waiting to strike.

It felt like ages until I approach the familiar street where my residence lay. My legs were cramping due to the unexpected running, I didn't expect to be able to run that fast, or even have to at that.

Feeling more secure, my sprinting eased into jogging as I staggered hurriedly in the direction of my apartment.

Out of the blue, I felt a tightness around me as a pair of hands clutched me and pulled at my hood violently.

Immediately, the pair of hands grasp me from the back and stifle my mouth. A feeling of dread started bubbling in my chest, my mouth trying to scream out a cry for help. But the hands only tighten around my mouth.

I thought I lost them.

My coffee cup plummeted to the ground, spilling its remnants out. My adrenaline levels rose to a high as my heart dropped like a bomb.

I thrust my elbow backward with considerable force in my weakened state. But the person let one hand drop from my mouth and let the arm wrap around my throat before I could continue.

I could tell—from his domineering strength— that it was a man who was assaulting me.

Feeling my breath shorten, I try to find some weakness in order for me to slip out of the person's grip. But the chokehold was driven even harder against my neck, the leather material digging into my neck. Their warm breath touched the nape of my neck, sending shivers of anger and fright down my back.

There was nothing I could do but grab my knife.

I frantically shove my hand in my jacket pocket and rummage around until I get a grip on the blade.

But before I had the chance to pull my weapon out, I was flipped around and rammed into the wall as the assailant pinned me against the concrete. Sudden waves of pain flooded my head as I thudded against the wall. All I could feel was burning in my throat, the throbbing in my head, and cold skin against my hands.

I opened my eyes in terror, only to see a beautiful boy, around my age, staring back at me. His skin was soft and pale, his neck long and elegant. His rusty hair was slightly ruffled, reminding me of the pretty boy; but this person was different. He was soft but more dangerous.

His jaw was clenched tightly and his eyes were pits of fire, burning with anger.

As his eyes traced my features, his grip loosened and his eyelids narrowed. He skimmed his arm with caution against mine and pulled away.

"Are you who I think you are, (Y/N)?"

Give a try, guess who it is! (: