Chapter 2 - I don't even know his name

I wake up after having one of the strangest dreams. I let in a stranger and they almost killed me. Crazy, huh? I picked up Popcorn and got off my chair. I left my room and went downstairs to cook some breakfast and feed her some puppy chow.

Once I made it downstairs. I almost fell on my face realizing what I thought was a dream was actually my reality. The guy who's name I still don't know was, asleep on the couch with his gun on the table.

I resisted the urge to take it and hide it, but he looks like he could beat my black ass in 2 seconds. I now regret not taking boxing and karate lessons when I was younger. But I wanted to be a lover not a fighter, and look where that got me.

I snapped out of my thouhgts when he shifted on the couch and rolled off. He groaned and sat up staring right at me. I covered my mouth in attempt not to laugh at him. But hell you only live once.

I giggled a bit, and he glared at me. I shut up real quick, I'd rather not get shot, thank you very much. I ignored that he even existed and continued doing what I was doing before I realized everything was real. I sat my little Popcorn on the counter, and got out some bacon, eggs, bread, and grits.

Popcorn jumped up to reach me basically begging for food. I reached into one of my cabinets and found a can of puppy food. I got her pet bowls and emptied out a can into her bowl and filled the other with luke-warm milk. While she was eating, I started cooking breakfast.

The heavenly scent of bacon filled my nostrils and I couldn't wait to finish cooking and eat this BAAYYCONNN!!! The guy looked at me like I was crazy. Oops.

"Did I just say that out loud?" I say low-key embarrassed. He just stares at me as if he was saying, "Nah I just wanted to look at you Of course you did!" Well, my bad, stranger. I say to myself. The a realization came to me, I don't know anything about him.