Chapter 3 | WayFinders and Invitations?

Start from the beginning

Like his companions, Terra wears armor on one arm, with his bearing similarities to both of his companions. Terra's armor shares the large, ornate crest (colored gold) with Ventus and the long, segmented section (each segment alternating between dark grey and dark red) with Aqua, though Terra's is much longer, reaching all the way to the bottom of his hand. He also wears a black, fingerless glove on his hand and what appears to be a black gauntlet on his forearm, over the segmented armor, which also has small pieces of dark red armor on it. Finally, his armored boots are dark brown and gold.

Aqua has a tall and slender figure, about as thin as Ventus and standing a few inches shorter than Terra. She has blue eyes and medium-length blue hair, mostly parted to her left. She wears a black and navy blue, high-collared halter top, a black corset with two pairs of white laces and black shorts. She has two pink straps intersecting over her chest, with a silver badge similar to badges also worn by Ventus and Terra over the intersection.

On Aqua's arms are white bell-sleeves and tan, fingerless gloves. She also wears a small, segmented piece of armor on each of her upper arms. She wears black stockings reaching about halfway up her thighs, leaving a small area of bare skin. There are two strips of blue cloth draped over each of her hips, along with a smaller, white strip of cloth tied around her waist and draped in the same manner. Her silver boots are pointed and armored, with a sharp "hook" on the outer side of each.

Ventus is one of the two gentlemen, who had dinner with Lady Larxene, so there is no need for the explanation.

"Hey there!" Ventus waves at Sora.

"Wait, you hired Ventus?" Sora looked to his father. "He's already a castle guard. Why hire him."

"I promised to help find someone for him, if he did what I asked." The king spoke, suddenly glaring. "Which is to watch over and protect you! Now, leave, I must attend my work, that you left for me!"

"Of course, father." Sora spoke, then pushed passed the WayFinders, who soon rushed to follow him out.

"Terra, I know the King has asked for us three specifically, but must get back to my work. There's a light in this world. I must find it." Aqua whispered to Terra.

"Alright, I'll cover for you." Terra said.

"Thank you, Terra." Aqua smiled, and told Ventus and Sora that she had to leave.

"Why is she leaving?" Sora asked.

"She has some of her own business she needs to take care of." Terra explained.

"Whatever." Sora tolled his eyes.

"Hey! Don't disrespect your elders!" Terra scolded, Sora. "Besides, it's not like you can wield a keyblade."

"Oh, really?" Sora raised an eyebrow.

Sora flicked both his arms and hands behind him, in his battle stance. From his hands came a glowing yellow light, two keyblades materialize in his hands. His clothes now had a yellow tint.

"You we're saying?" He smirked.

"H-How?" Terra questioned. "That's impossible!"

"Actually, it's quite simple. I'm the prince." Sora stated.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Terra asked.

"What Sora means to say, is that he was born with the magic and power to summon, not one, but two keyblades." Ventura explained.

"So, you wanna train?" Sora said, with a slight smirk, tapping one of his keyblades on his shoulder from behind.

♥ ♥ ♥

Inside Larxene's manor, Kairiella carries the dirty dishes from the dinner. She proceeds to pick one up at a time, to clean it, occasionally wiping away some sweat. Someone was coming down the stairs, but she didn't pay any attention to them.

"Ella." Kairiella ignored the sound of her aunt's voice. "Ella!"

Kairiella continued to ignore Larxene's annoying voice. Larxene then became, as furious as a savage nymph, when she grabbed a hold of her niece's shoulder, vivaciously turning her around.

"Listen hear, you twat, I don't know what's gotten into, but there will be non of it in my house." She started, "Now, the Royal Messenger has gone around to every house in town giving them these invitations for the Prince's Masquerade Ball tonight."

Larxene showed Kairiella the four envelopes, before tucking them away like a deck of cards.

"Will I be attending?" Kairiella asked, with great courage.

"Of course, not." Larxene laughed. "You will tend to your cousins, helping them ready. After we leave, you are to stay here and clean this entire manor... spotless."

"What?! But that's not—"

"Ah, ah, ah. It's completely fair. A mere servant girl should not be attending with her higher ups." Larxene stated.

Mᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢᴜɪᴅɪɴɢ ᴋᴇʏ...

What was that?

׺°"˜'"°º× ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ׺°"˜'"°º×

❝ 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘣𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘤𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵. 𝘛𝘰 𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘭𝘺, 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘶𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘵𝘰 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳. ❞