Chapter 8 Time Lapse

Over the course of five years, Raessa has polished her skills over magic, martial arts and her mannerism as a lady fit for her class.

A fitted white long sleeved with a blue-collar line with red and a sky blue skirt that reaches to her mid-thigh. Pulling on her black thigh length stocking and a pair of leather dress shoes. She was ready for the first day at King's Cross Academy.

King's Cross Academy was known for its excellent education system, but it wasn't just a place for learning. It was a place where one would socialise with other nobles and influential figures that could strengthen your position in society.

As Raessa grabbed her book bag, Lily was outside in the courtyard assisting with loading Raessa's luggage in the carriage. Since Raessa will be staying in the school dormitory.

Only Lily will be coming with her to serves her needs, as Raessa boarded the carriage and watched as the on familiar scenery change to wild and open grasslands.

The weather was great. Not too hot and too cold. Perfect for sleeping. Raessa was just about to drift off to sleep wonderland, but the carriage shook violently and sent Raessa's head to smack onto window pane.

"My lady. Are you okay?" Lily was obviously shocked, but Raessa gave her a reassuring smile while holding her throbbing head in her hand.

The carriage was ambushed and surrounded by a group of bandits. The driver could only sit in fear of his life, but the seven knights stood ready for the ambush.

"Hey, boss! This seems to be a good carriage to rob today."

Each bandit was intimidating and their bodies riddled with scars, but all the knights could do was swallow in anticipation.

The carriage door opens to reveal a blossoming beauty with blonde and a very captivating figure. "So this is what the situation is?" Her piercing cerulean eyes scan the bandit with a sharp gaze making the grown man feel uneasy under her gaze.

Their equipment and weapon were poor and covered with chips and scratches. Based on their formation, they were a group that on been together for a few months either by force or fear. But their bodies and their experience make up their flaws.

"Okay, good knights. I hope that you will be able to do tactic number 13."

Tactic number 13? The bandit was confused and slightly surprised. Their guards were up, as the knight charged at them with a strange formation.

The knights on the furthest end came first and charged forward sweeping the bandits into a tighter ball catching the bandits on surprise. Their actions were delayed and bumped into each other since they were a newly formed group, Raessa took full advantage of this weakness.

The middle knights charged in next. The knights were obviously in the higher moral state, as the bandits were being defeated easily. But something that caught her by surprise was that the leader of the bandit group seems to radiate a sort of red aura. A sinking feeling was in her stomach, "Knights retreat now!"

The knight noticing the distress in their young miss's voice, they retreated as fast as they could until a massive explosion came from the leader of the bandit's. The knight was minimally unharmed, but an ice wall was protecting them from most of the force of the explosion.

Raessa took a few steps forward with a frosty glare toward the bandit, but he wasn't concentrated fully. The red aura ran wildly around the man's body, "A Berserker Skill. Although it makes the user stronger, it decreases their abilities to think."

"Looks like I'm going to deal with it." The two individuals charged at one another with full force. The burly arm goes for her thin body, but she swerved around his body and with small electrical fingertips rammed them into pressure points.

Effectively stopping him. "What the hell did you do to me?" roared the bandit.

"Nothing bad. But its effects will last for a few hours so be expecting a few sunburns. Let's go. I don't want to be late for my first day."

She boards her carriage without looking back at the pitiful screaming bandit, as the knight look at the bandit with pity but they followed after the carriage continuing their jobs to King Cross Academy.

Upon arriving at the gates, the magnitude of the school was overwhelming and spectacular. The wonderful architectural designs and its magnificent splendour definitely lived up to its name.

A large number of students poured into the gates of the school probably to head to the opening ceremony.

Raessa moves to where most of the mass of the school head to a large open field area with students grouped into their respective years.

A familiar figure waved her over. "Gabriel. It's good to see you." as she reads over to where he was.

His lip quirks into a small smile before another two males walk up to his side. One was extremely tall with dark hair and dark eyes with an apathetic face with a broad figure. The other was more on the leaner side roughly around the same height as Gabriel with wheat hair that was pulled back into a small ponytail. Thin wire frame glasses placed on his nose with calculating purple eyes that seem to analyze her from head to toe.

"So this is Raessa Osiellauz."

"Yes. So Raessa this is Hendrick Blythe." As Gabriel points to the muscular male, the quiet male nods in greeting.

Then Gabriel points to the leaner on with a wry expression. "This is Roth Ogden." he sighs out.

Roth glares at Gabriel with a fiery glare. "What the hell was that? Do you have a problem?"

They butted head with lightning sparks ignited between eh two of them. Until the sound of knuckle cracking sounded, Hendrick has a black aura around him with glow red eyes that stare at the fighting pair menacingly.

The pair gulp but they stop fighting. "Well, see you around, Gabriel." As she dashes off the first year's area with the appearance of the principal on the stage.