Chapter 21

Tris' POV

Tobias and I are driving to his house in his Ford while listening to Magnetic by Traphik featuring Tori Kelly. Tobias is officially the best male rapper I know, and that means a lot considering I've met celebrities that rap for a living. I stare at him the whole time.

"You know, I might be staring back at you if I wasn't driving," he says coolly. This makes me blush 50 shades of red and pink. But I turn away slightly, trying to contain my laughter, meanwhile, Toby over here sounds like Taylor Laughtner in breaking dawn part 2. Which makes me laugh harder.

"What? I'm funny to you?" He asks, still laughing but adds in a smirk.

"Yes, very. You sound like Jacob laughing in breaking dawn part 2. It's extremely amusing, Mr. know it all," I reply.

When we get to his house he stiffens just a little bit, I can see that he's trying to keep up the act for me, but it's not going to work. I've known about the abuse in this house. His dad, Marcus, beats him and his sister. I'd do something to make the beatings stop, but they might get worse.

"If you want, we can always go to my house instead. We don't have to work here." I tell him gently.

He considers this for a few moments. "I think it's okay to work here. He's not here yet. Morgan isn't going to bother us, I told her to go out with some friends, to study for her history test."

"Okay, but if it brings back too many memories, my door's open."

We walk in to see Lynn, Will, and Morgan standing with their arms crossed, glaring at us. But the catch, is that they each have knives.

Morgan's POV

"Well, hello there, Tobias. I was expecting you" I say with an evil grin plastered on my face. His face turns slightly pale when he sees the knives being twirled in my hand.

"Oh, so you've noticed our knifes! Well, great! This is when my big brother dies, and guess what! The short whore gets the knife in the trough. Isn't it the best day today?! Well, not for you bastards though." I nod my head at Lynn slightly and she throws it right at Tris. The next thing I hear is the sweet sound of her shrieks and yelps in pain. Damn! She didn't get the neck though! I guess I'll just have to kill her myself.

Tris' POV

I see Lynn forcefully throw the knife at me, so I try to move out of the way. But my best isn't enough. The sharp blade of the knife, collides with my shoulder.

The pain is an unbearable, excruciating, burning hot, kind of pain. It's getting difficult to stay awake but I know I can manage. For Tobias, I think. My vision and hearing starts to slowly fade but I know I'm still screaming. All I need right now is an ambulance. Yeah, I think that's right.

I feel the cold bloody knife leave my body and scream even louder with the pain. I can't take it. I'm only human. There's only a number of things I can stand. But this I'm not so sure of.

Author's Note: I'm not the owner of the characters from "Divergent", Veronica Roth is, though.