Chapter 2

Dion's POV

Another crappy day at work, working in an office is the worst but it's just until I can earn enough money to move away from my pack, yes I said pack. I'm a werewolf, not one from those scary horror films, they really overreact about the supernatural. Anyway as I said it was a crappy day because my boss yelled and screamed all day at everyone and I could feel my canines extend the whole time till eventually I just got up and left, probably won't have a job tomorrow and to top it off it is pelting down raining.

I'm on my way to the pack house which I so desperately want to get away from, it's not bad or anything I just don't like having to share a house and not be able to have my own set of rules in the place I call home. Even though I'm only 21 I want to be able to settle down in a house of my own with my mate, which I am yet to find and our future pups.

But right now I'm stuck in a place where I can't do that and a place no one respects me. Ever since my father left my mother to be with another women they think I'll be the same which is complete bullshit because A. He was human and B. Mates are most the important person to a werewolf in the world. Even though I'm criticised and ridiculed about my father and not being faithful, our Alpha Logan is running around with every tramp that walks past saying he doesn't want a mate and never will. I hate that bastard with a passion.

I focus my attention back on the wet road ahead of me as the rain continues to pelt down on my windshield, I come to a stop at a set of lights and look around the small town of Greenville, noticing all the little shops and churches. As I scan the surroundings a particular girl gets my attention, she is sitting, no laying at the bus stop with a small blanket and a dirty looking bag. The girl could only been 15 or 16, where are her parents? I couldn't help what I did next, I put my car in park in the middle of the deserted road figuring it was like 8pm and most people were already home, and I went over to the shivering girl. As I approached she looked up, looking at me and I could see fear in her eyes and she started to shuffle and scurry. She tried to get up but she swayed and just before she hit the ground I caught her.

"Hey, take it easy I'm not going to hurt you" I say, standing her up straight and not releasing her till she's got her balance back.

"What do you want?" She stutters, the fear in her voice. I take this moment to notice she is shivering and I quickly take off my leather jacket and hand it out to her, she looks at for a minute but takes it.

"I just wanna know why a young girl like you is alone in the rain and not safe and warm inside somewhere" I say and she stares blankly out towards the road then sits on the seat in the bus stop. I stay where I am because I don't wanna scare her.

"Not that it really concerns you, but my parents kicked me out. So this is the only place I have" she says as if heart broken, I kneel down to her level and look at this broken looking girl. How could anyone do this to there own daughter?

"Why?" The words slipping from my mouth before I could stop them, I was about to say that she didn't have to answer that but then she spoke

"Because I'm pregnant" she spoke with tears running down her face. I was shocked, what kind of parents did she have? I felt angry but also protective like I need to look after and take care of this girl. I finally take the time to look at her fully, she has long brown hair which looks like it hasn't had a wash for a month, ripped clothes and I looked to her stomach and could see a little baby bump so this must've been not long ago of when she found out. I decided then and there she's coming home with me.

"I know, you just met me but I'm gonna look after you. I'll take you to my house, you can have some food, have a shower and get some clean clothes and have a good nights rest." I state and she looks at me stunned, I don't know what this girl is going through but she shouldn't have to do it alone, she won't do it alone.