"Hey, I got the bags," Thea called as she walked towards Rebekah with a goofy smile, holding the bags in the air causing as the blonde narrowed her eyes at her, "finally. I sent you to get them 20 minutes ago. I've been cleaning on my own for 20 minutes," she snapped causing Thea to roll her eyes. "Ah yes, I forgot you used to compel yourself maids. Must be disastrous to be the one doing all the work," the wolf mocked with a small smirk causing the original to smirk in return.

"Oh please, like you've ever had to do a chore in your life, Miss My Mom's the Mayor," Rebekah taunted causing Thea to throw the bags she held at her, the two bursting into fits of giggles soon after. Just then, Caroline entered the cafeteria with a confused look on her face, "where's Tyler and Matt?" she asked, coming to a stop in front of the wolf and original vampire. "Tyler's packing up Klaus' mansion," Thea replied with a scowl, "and Matt bailed. Got called into work at the last minute," Rebekah stated causing Caroline to huff in annoyance.

"Are you kidding me? So it's just us?" Caroline groaned as her arms dropped to her side, "yes, and you're late," Rebekah scolded with a scowl on her face causing Thea to laugh slightly. "Cleaning committee started at eight o'clock," the original stated causing Caroline to glance down at her watch, "it's like 8:02" the blonde replied in confusion as Rebekah stared at her blankly. "Exactly. We managed to turn up on time and I didn't even get to attend the dance that I organised," the original snapped as she took the bag from Thea's hands, brushing past Caroline to place it into the bin.

Caroline exhaled through her nose, glancing at Thea who only offered the blonde a weak smile. All Rebekah had ever wanted was a truly human experience. Despite being over 1,000 years old she had never really had the chance to be a teenager; attending dances and bonfires, gossiping with friends in the cafeteria and kissing a crush behind the bleachers. All the blonde wanted was a chance to be a teenager and both girls knew that. "I'm sorry about your mom," Caroline muttered causing Rebekah's head to shoot up in shock, "I mean, I know you like, hated her and everything but still, I'm sorry."

Rebekah shut the lid of the large bin, turning back to face Caroline and Thea with a sad smile, "I'm sorry about your teacher. He seemed like a nice guy," she stated causing Thea to glance down at the floor in sadness. Damon had rung her this morning to tell her about Alaric, the brunette not knowing anything about it after passing out last night. She was sad she never got the chance to say goodbye to him. To apologise for being absent through his struggles. To thank him for all the advice he had given her.

"Yeah, he was," Thea stated with a weak smile causing Caroline to hug her side as the two reminisced about their fallen friend in a moment of sadness. "I'm gonna get started on the gym," Rebekah spoke quietly after a moment, walking out of the cafeteria and leaving Caroline and Thea. "How are you? Elena said Esther broke the bond between you and Klaus?" the blonde asked the young wolf in concern as they carried on cleaning the tables.

Thea nodded solemnly, "I'm fine," she replied as she threw more solo cups into the plastic bag in her hand causing Caroline to frown. "Althea Marie Lockwood, did you really just lie to me?" the blonde scolded as she placed her hands on her hips, narrowing her eyes at the brunette who scowled at her in return. "Did you really just use my full name?" Thea shot back in annoyance, having a deep hatred for the name she was born with.

Caroline smirked at the wolf playfully about to taunt her once again before the two friends were interrupted by a loud sound coming from the hall outside. Rushing in the direction of the noise, the two girls found Alaric pinning Rebekah to the lockers with a white oak stake above her chest. Before Thea had the chance to react, Caroline sped towards Alaric, shoving him off of Rebekah and pinning him against the lockers as she shoved the stake into his chest.

Thea watched in shock as Alaric smirked, pulling the stake from his chest as if it had no effect. Rebekah sped towards her, the three girls running into the car park outside in an attempt to escape. Thea and Rebekah rushed towards the former's car frantically, as Caroline sped to her own. In a moment of sheer panic, the wolf dropped her keys on the floor causing Alaric to catch up with her and tackle her to the ground. Struggling in his grip, the enhanced Alaric grabbed a fistful of the brunette's hair before slamming her head into the ground, knocking her unconscious.