Chapter One: Stay With Me (Not Finished)

"So this is the end of you and me. We had a good run, and I'm setting you free to do as you want to do as you please without me... Remember when, you were my boat and I was your sea? Together we would float, so delicately but that was back when we could talk about anything." -Fireworks

Kaelin's POV:

I would never think in my entire life, I would lose the most important person and my world would come crashing down. Jacob was my everthing I asked for and I regret every, single, word that came out of my mouth that nigh on September 24th, 2009. I felt pain everywhere I looked because somehow everything reminded me of him. I knew Nathan loved me, I never doubted it.

Jacob's POV:

I was driving Kaelin back home to her mom's house from Alexa's party. She was too exausted to drive home so like the gentleman I am, I offered to drive her home. Since I couldn't drive back home to my place without taking her car with me, she said that I could stay for the night. We left early because Kaelin was obviously not in the mood to be there any longer anyways. I turned down the radio at the time I began to talk to her.

"What's going on with you lately? Why are you always in a bad mood with me?" I asked.

"Why do you assume I'm in a bad mood because I'm not talking? I'm NOT in a bad mood..." She snapped. She turned away to look out the window of the passenger seat. The way her dirty blonde hair moved out of her face, gave me chills.

"Why are you getting so defensive Kaelin?" I began to yell at her.

"I don't know, maybe you could ask Emily? She would know!"

"What the hell are you talking about?!"

"Oh Jake, don't even start that with me. I know exactly what's going on with you and Emily. Believe me, I am not that stupid. I saw how she was with you tonight!"

"Are you saying that I'm cheating on you? You should really know me by now Kaelin. I would never cheat on you especially with your best friend! I would never do that to you.... Emily is never going to be part of my life. Never. I love you."

"Okay, whatever." She huffed.

"Oh my god Kaelin! I CAN'T TAKE YOUR JEALOUSY ANYMORE! Just grow up!"

"I just want you to stop seeing her! That's it! She is going after you! We aren't best friends anymore and I hate it,"

What is this? Another red night? It seemed like I've been hitting all of them tonight. I just wanted to get back to her house and finish all of this stupidity. This fighting was tearing us apart. I looked out the front window of the car to see a truck slowing down to the white line on the left side of the street. I could slightly see the driver with a lit cigar in his mouth then he put it out as he grabbed a can of beer from the dashboard. What an idiot, I thought to myself. As the red light turned green again, I sped out.

"Every time I mentioned who I liked, she would like the same exact person the next week... I just want it stop, I rea..." She stopped. I turned to face her and I looked at her with a puzzled look on my face when I saw fear in her eyes. "Jake! Watch out!" I turned to my left seeing the headlights from the truck coming toward me but my reaction was too late.

Kaelin's POV:

The yelling was all over. I woke to pain shooting up my whole body. I couldn't feel my left side and I raised my hand to my head. My head was bleeding... The car was totaled but that was the least of my problems. I looked at Jake to see if he was moving. It didn't even look like Jake covered in blood. I was terrifed. I tried to move him out of the car but I was too weak to get him out of the impact. I realized the car had flipped and there was no way out.  I heard ambulance sirens in the distance. I held onto Jake's hand and I shook as I kissed him on the forehead.

"Can anyone hear me?" A man shouted.

"Yes!" I screamed in pain.

"What is your name miss?" He said calmly. I didn't know how he could keep so calm.

"My name is Kaelin." I sighed quietly.

"Kaelin, I need you to relax. We are here to get you out of here. Is anyone else with you?"

"My boyfriend Jacob, he is in the driver's seat... He's not moving!" I cried.

The man sighed. "Kaelin, I know it's hard but you need to calm down. Everything is going to be okay! We will get you out of here, I promise. I will be here to help you through this.."

Those words comforted me. He, his voice sounded so familiar. I somehow heard that voice before. Did I know him? Does he go to my school? Never mind that. I just wanted to get out of this hell.