As someone who was often overwhelmed by school, Lawson could understand where Glenn was coming from. The difference though was that when Lawson got overwhelmed, he went to his friends room, and when Glenn got overwhelmed, he saw it as a burden to others and shut down. It was something Nathan couldn't deal with, especially since him and Glenn had grown so close over the last year, and in this time Nate had learned to rely heavily on his boyfriend.

The current issue was that Nathan and Glenn had a date planned for the day before, to commemorate exactly a year since their first kiss, but when Nathan had texted Glenn to confirm their plans- since they had planned the afternoon over a month ago- Glenn had never responded to the message, and they ended up not going. From what Lawson had gathered from the new messages, Glenn still had yet to text Nate, making the hurt only grow.

Lawson's phone beeped once, twice, and then a third time, each within ten seconds of one another, and he picked it up to respond, only to be hit with a pillow a second later. Reese laughed and picked the pillow up from where it had landed and tossed it back to Kye, who had thrown it in the first place. "Who the fuck are you texting so much, man? You have a girl or something you've failed to tell us about?" Kye demanded, green eyes narrowed slightly in accusation and Lawson huffed.

"No. Of course not," he protested before glancing at the screen of his phone and making a soft sound of distress. "It's just... Nathan". Immediately at the sound of the other boys name, Reese's back straightened, and he looked intrigued.

"Nathan?" Reese asked, brown eyes alight with something new. "Is he free? Invite him over!"

"Jesus," Kye groaned from his bed, shooting Reese a look before he began to fluff the pillow he had thrown at Lawson."Keep it in you pants, will you?" Reese looked less than pleased at this accusation, and flipped his roommate off. He received a scoff in return. "Just because he's having relationship problems doesn't mean you have to jump at the opportunity".

"I'm not," Reese denied, sounding offended. It made Lawson's eyebrows raise, since he often got the impression that Reese respected himself far less than everyone else did. "I just thought that maybe since he's having all these problems with Ben-"

"Glenn," Lawson corrected quietly.

"Right, whatever. Since he's having problems with Glenn I thought that maybe he wouldn't want to sit at his apartment alone all day thinking about it," Reese finished, actually sounding a little sincere. Kye didn't look like he quite believed it though, and his eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"Reese is right," Lawson cut in after a tense moment of silence in which the two roommates glared at each other, as if daring the other one to speak. When Lawson spoke, they both looked at him, Reese with a grin, and Kye with a scowl.

"Hey. don't be so careless with such bold statements, Lawson," Kye instructed, once again aggravating Reese who huffed. It was never ending with these two. "Does that mean that you're going to invite Nathan over?"

"No," Lawson answered, ignoring the pout that immediately formed on Reese's face. It was a common facial expression for the boy to wear, and it annoyed Lawson, mostly because it reminded him of Wesley. "I think we all know that he wouldn't come over even if I asked". Ever since Nathan's relationship with Glenn became extra tense, Nate had pretty much spent his time either in class, or in his apartment, alone. Many times Lawson had encountered the group of friends Nathan had made within the first week of school, but as soon as they saw Lawson they always asked him where Nathan was and how he was doing, telling him that the boy hadn't been out with them for a while. Nathan had never really been social, Lawson knew. In highschool, he had pretty much spent most his time with his best friend Jean, but Nate was very personable, and still thrived off of human interaction- in high school, this interaction for Nathan was mostly sexual, but it was still interaction- and Lawson feared what would happen if his friend continued to lock himself away from others.