lollipop

song: cool cat - queen

'good morning pretty boy'

the words rung like wedding bells through ben's head, this boy. this boy was not like any boy ben had ever laid eyes on before. an oversized mustard hoodie was thrown over his frail body, jeans a touch too big and fingernails painted black. the fingers once clicking in his face had been occupied by a purple lollipop, twizzled between his rosy lips. his eyes were soft, but incredibly intimidating at the same time. with a ginger fringe tossed upon his forehead, he was so seductive.

what the fuck was he thinking. boys weren't seductive, not to him anyway. that was stupid.

'ben?'

ben was once again interrupted by the receptionist.

'joe mazzello.'

the boy extended his hand. shocked, ben went to shake it when joe pulled it back to take his lollipop from his mouth, lifting it out with a pop. he stuck it out to ben. ben looked at this boy, what was going on?

'take it. and my number, jock.' joe snapped sassily, confidently.

jock? his number? ben thought. he wasn't a jock, and he didn't want this boy's number. well... ben looked around for the receptionist, she was gone. so that's why this boy got so desperate all of a sudden. he questioned him, 'no thanks. and, uh- a jock?'

'ugh whatever. you're here on a scholarship, for sport. you're a jock. don't deny it babes.' joe's eyes glimmered as he checked his nail polish.

'i don't even like sport, i'm more into music i guess.'

'bullshit. save it, archie andrews, no need to impress me with your intellects. you're here on a scholarship for sport. you're a jock. need i repeat myself again darling?'

jesus this kid was weird. but there was something about him that was so intriguing. they way his eyes glistened when we shot back sassy remarks and the way his lips formed them was a mystery to ben. there was no reason why. well, maybe there was, but ben was unsure of that.

'no.' he replied

'good. now let's get your hunky ass to our first class.'

ben blushed. what the hell.

'which is..' ben mumbled, scanning the timetable he was given, nervously.

'english.' joe replied, staring him dead in the eyes.

'english...'

'room C45, mr staffel, unlucky. but, he's a fellow gay; so therefore, thou shall not talk shit.'

'fellow gay?'

joe looked at ben as if he was the most oblivious person in the world, which in this point of time, he was. joe glared.

'you're.. gay?' ben hesitantly asked.

'good job, hot stuff.'

'i-i'm not g-' ben assured the boy.

'just becuase i'm gay doesnt mean i want to jump every boy that i take around this school,' joe scoffed 'although...'

the bell rings again. ben flinched, joe didn't. he was still staring. what did he mean? it doesn't matter anyway. saved by the bell he guessed.

'off to english sweetheart, follow me.' joe carried his books across his chest as if they were his children. he swayed his hips and walked through the doors. ben followed.

they travelled down the hallway together, they were late, there were no students. they walked back through the gym.

'this is where you'll be most of the time i suppose. you're from england, do you play soccer?' joe asked.

'why?'

'their shorts are short. would like to see you in them some day.' he winked.

ben choked on his own saliva. who was this kid? and why did he make ben feel this way?

'and here is the academic hallway, and here is room C45.' he turned around to see ben. little did ben know that joe was becoming weirdly infatuated with this boy in a matter of minutes. and little did joe know that ben was feeling the same way too, but just differently.

they walked into the classroom and found two spare seats at the back, and took them.

as english went on, joe couldn't stop staring at ben. ben would catch him occasionally and they would chuckle about it as friends would. but joe knew it wasn't as friends and ben felt as though it wasn't as friends either.

'dismissed.' mr staffel mumbled.

joe was still sitting in his chair while ben was packing up his books. he was staring at ben, wondering how he could get him to open up. joe had his suspicions, scratch that, joe knew ben was gay. no straight boy had ever flustered around joe the way that ben had, and quite frankly, no boy had made that kind of impression on joe before. that boy was beautiful, not the type that joe would usually go for. he knew it was soon but he had to do something about it, he didn't know what though.

ben's thoughts were running circles in his head. it had only been about an hour but the things he was feeling about this boy were unlike any boy, any girl for that matter. ben didn't feel uncomfortable about the things joe would say to him, it made him feel powerful. he loved having joe stare him down, he felt good. joe made him feel good. he'd never had that before, and he wanted more. he was going to do something stupid. as a matter of fact, it was stupid to ben but to any other person it would be normal. he took the lollipop from between joe's perfect lips and stuck it in between his own. joe's eyes grew, where had all that confidence come from?

'i took your lollipop, is the other offer still up for grabs?' ben totally regretted saying that. what was he thinking?

'my number?' joe was surprised. but he took a piece of scrap paper and scribbled his number down with a heart. he folded it in half and pushed it into the bigger boy's solid chest.

'text me.' he said with a wink and walked off, hiding a grin. it took all of his restraint not to get out his phone and text ben right then and there.