Chapter 18: Call of Adventure

You didn't have any remarkable dreams that night. How could you? The real dream was the few times you woke up in the night and realised where you were. Pearl had had you in her arms when she fell asleep, and remained clinging to you as if for dear life the entire night. You hoped she'd become less insecure as time went on, but you certainly weren't going to complain in the meantime. She was such a sweet and gentle soul, and she was ridiculously cute, no less so when she was sleeping. When you kissed the top of her head and hugged her, she even smiled in her sleep.

"Sleep tight, my little sweetheart," you whispered. You yawned, drawing in a deep breath. In the process, you realised that Pearl, or at least her hair, fittingly smelled faintly of blueberries.

You turned over. Blue had been lying with her back to you, but feeling you move, rolled over in her sleep so she was facing you. As you looked at her, you decided that one of these days you would find a way to make her look at least a tiny bit undignified. It wasn't fair that she was always so elegant, composed, and pristine. Even as she slept, she remained perfect. Not the faintest snore, not a trace of drool, her breath remained sweet, her face serene, not even a strand of hair out of place!

You realised all of this was going through your head.

"Huh," you muttered out loud. You had actually been letting yourself get mildly annoyed by the fact that Blue Diamond was too beautiful. You chuckled faintly at how silly you were being. How very tragic that you had to put up with being the luckiest human in the world. You held Blue close to you and immediately felt all tension dissolve from your body. You stared at her gorgeous sleeping face, becoming mesmerised by the slight, hypnotic movement of her lovely full lips as she drew in and released each gentle breath. You had half a mind to wait until the second she woke up so you could kiss her right then and there, but you were too tired to try. You could barely keep your eyes open. You leaned your forehead against hers and held her tight. It was hard to see under her clothes, but Blue had a wonderfully shapely body. She wasn't necessarily "thicc," as they say on the internet, but she did have quite a curvy figure, just enough to make her hugs and cuddles that little bit warmer.

"My Diamond... My Queen... My Goddess..." you whispered, failing to find a word sufficient to describe how you saw her. "I love you." That was pretty close.

With Pearl still clinging to your back, you snuggled closer to Blue, putting your arms around her so your hands rested on her shoulders. Her skin was so soft and so impossibly smooth that you were in disbelief.

"Could either of you be more perfect?" you whispered before shutting your eyes. You could almost physically feel your heart overflowing with love as you went back to sleep, completely at peace and happier than you had ever been.

You were awakened the next morning in about the most pleasant way possible, opening your eyes when you felt Pearl kiss your cheek.

"Good morning," she whispered, smiling softly.

You pulled her close, holding her carefully against you and resting your head on her shoulder.

"I love you, Pearl."

"Are you getting up soon?" she asked, stroking your hair.

"I will in just a minute," you replied, giving her a gentle pat on the back.

"Please don't be too long. Today I hope you'll show me Earth properly!"

"Don't worry," you said, tickling the end of her nose. "Who could keep a cutie pie like you waiting?"

She giggled and kissed you again before getting up and going off to find a window from which she could look out at the world.

Blue was still asleep. You took a moment just to look at her as she lay bathed in the light of the new day. You drew nearer to her, close enough that you could feel her chest rising and falling with every breath, running one hand through her hair and caressing her cheek with the other. When you did, her thick eyelashes fluttered for a moment, and she slowly opened her eyes. You gazed into those eyes for a long time. They were like twin seas, and you were lost in their depths. It is said that the eyes are windows to the soul, and in the case of Blue Diamond, that could not have been more true. Everything which had passed, all that she was then, and all that she dreamt of was reflected in them. All her grief, anger, and loss ([I ] [II] [Ii] [I_]) were there, as were her strength, her kindness, and her determination, her happiness, her hope, and her love. You shut your eyes and kissed her.