Proud of You

Garrett's P. O. V.

For the next few days, I took care of Hope. I took several parenting classes so that I could learn how to feed her, change her diapers, dress her, bathe her, and so on. Thankfully, all of these parenting skills were easy for me, and Hope wasn't a difficult filly. Other baby supplies were provided for me by Twilight's friends. I lived in this nice house that Vanity and I lived in back when we were friends. After our falling out, Van left the house, and I've been living on my own since. I changed Van's room to where Hope could sleep in that room. Seemed like a good compromise. Every Sunday, we'd visit Canterlot Castle and be at the garden where Sunset's ashes were buried. Sometimes Twilight and Spike would be there. Spike would sometimes play with Hope, and sometimes Flurry Heart. Twilight would blush and smile at me.

It was another night, and I'd managed to put Hope to bed. I was in my bedroom, and I was beginning to doze off. Suddenly, a voice said, "Garrett..." I opened my eyes and bolted out of bed, sputtering, "huh- Who's there?!?!?!??" I looked around. "Now Garrett, is that any way to talk to your sister?" The voice said. I recognized that voice. Suddenly, two spirits appeared in my room. It was Sunset and Solar! I've seen pictures of Solar. "Sunny? Solar?" I asked. "Hello Garrett," said Sunset as she smiled. "So you must be Sunset's brother," said Solar, "it's nice to finally meet you." 

 "You too," I said, smiling. "We just wanted to see our little girl," said Sunset. "She's so beautiful," said Solar. I then got emotional, tearing up. "What's wrong little bro?" Sunset asked. "I've been trying so hard to be so strong for so long," I cried, "it's hard without you Sunny... I miss you..." 

"I miss you too Garrett," Sunset said sympathetically, "but Solar and I are in a better place." Solar nodded and said, "She's right. I even got to meet your parents. They're proud of you." Sunset nodded and said, "I'm proud of the stallion you've become too, Garrett. Thank you for living up to your promise." Then I saw a bright light. "You know goodbyes are never forever, right?" Sunset asked. "Yeah, I believe that," I said, "Goodbye, Sunset and Solar." Solar smiled and said, "Stay gold, Pony Boy." Sunset giggled and said, "Oh, you..." They then descended into what may be Heaven. Well now I know they're in a better place.