I look up to see Belle on the diving board but it was deserted. I looked to my side and it turns out that she’d jumped in moments after me. She was grinning, her smile going from one ear to the other. I floated towards her, my arms wrapping around her waist.

“See,” I say brightly, “wasn’t hard, was it?”

She shakes her head and a cute smile plastered onto her face. Her arms coiled around my neck, tickling the nape of my neck. Her chest heaves rapidly from the heavy breathing, her eyes blinking several times as they flickered from my eyes and lips. I held on tighter now that our bodies touched, the tip of her nose grazing mine. I kissed her gently, my hands trailing down her back. She passionately kissed back, an amorous sensation passed through me; I slipped my tongue in since she willingly let me. I was aware of my groan as is turned quite fierce, her hand gliding down my arms then caressing my torso.

“Oi, no kissing in the pool,” bellowed a life guard, blowing the whistle from his neck that sent a shrill sound ringing across the room. We broke apart, Belle timidly swimming back to the pool side. I curse at the life guard inside my head, closely following Belle back to Caroline and Jackson.

-Isabelle Blake-

 I climbed back onto the towel next to Caroline. Ashamed that we got caught kissing and we were stupid enough to kiss at a public pool.

“Hey look,” Jackson points at the girl I saw before with the straight hair and the little boy. “It’s Andrea.”

 She saw us, recognition crossing her face and she waved. I see Nathan gingerly wave back very unenthusiastically. She beamed at him then turned back to the little boy.

“Andrea?” I ask, surprised that this girl actually knew Nathan or Nathan knew her. Scratch that, I shouldn’t be too shocked at this; Nathan had dated many girls which only made me feel like I was the last in a long line.

But you married him, you win this. I thought. I snapped the very weird thought out of my head, looking at Jackson and Nathan for answers.

“Andrea, er, she’s Nathan’s ex.”Jackson shrugs.

“Oh” I say to myself, watching her splash the young kid next to her. I try not to look too annoyed or hurt. I lie down next to Caroline, wiping the water off with my towel and sending furtive glares at Andrea.

***

-Isabelle Blake-

I clambered out of Nathan’s car hurriedly, hoping my mom wouldn't see us because I couldn’t put up with anymore Nathan talk from her. Every time she mentions him I’m so close to shouting the truth at her, but that isn’t best way to break the news.

I looked up at Nathan, his hair still damp and his t-shirt was sticking to his body, outlining his abs. I have to admit he is hot. I get flustered and feel my cheeks burning up. Thank god it’s dark and the lamp near us was out for the whole week. After the kid’s party, we all went out for pizza. It was such a memorable moment where I forgot all my worries. I didn’t want it to end.