Caroline and Nathan roared with laughter along with a few other strangers. I kneeled down beside the pool, looking contritely at him.

“I’m sorry Jackson,” I say over Nathan’s laughs.

“No worries,” he coughs, climbing out of the pool. Nathan took my hand again, flicking his head to the diving board.

“No, I can’t dive.” I admit. He turns around and looks at me.

“You can’t dive?” He asks.

“I can’t dive.” I repeat.

“Nope, she can’t dive.” chirps Caroline along with us.

“She can’t dive?” yells Jackson, quizzically.

“If another person repeats that I can’t dive, I will throw them off the diving board myself.” I snarl, contemptuously.

I watch them for a bit. Jackson begins to snigger, saying “She can’t dive!” very loudly to my annoyance then running off to the diving board to save himself.

I grumble, crossing my arms. Nathan smiles fondly at me, his blue eyes shining. My eyes wander to his body, his nicely toned torso, those sexy abs. He folds his arms too, copying my actions; his large biceps flexing. I remembered how he’d held me in those tough arms a week ago.

“Why don’t you dive? Did you ever learn?” Nathan raises an eyebrow, but his smile was still kind and concerned.

I pouted, sighing as I do so. “I used to dive, but one time I fell off, embarrassing myself.” I grumble. I hadn’t forgotten that horrible day. I loved to dive, in fact I’d call myself a pro but one dreaded day, my foot slipped from the soaked diving board, hitting my head on my way down to the water. People helped me out but I was also laughed at, after that I hated diving and swimming altogether.

“Come on, we’ll dive together.” He outstretches his hand; I gawp at it before I put my petite hand in his. His finger gently closed around my hand, they were warm and soft. We walked to where Jackson just dived off. I gingerly climbed the ladder, looking down to see Nathan closely following me. His hair was already wet with water droplets falling to the floor. The soaked blonde hair stuck to his forehead very sexily.

-Nathan Blake-

We stood at the top, Belle standing closely next to me, her exposed arm touching mine and I felt her tense up. It seemed like she was scared of heights because she cautiously stepped away from the edge of the board.

“I can’t,” she breathes, clasping onto my arm.

“Yes you can,” I whisper reassuringly to her. “Just jump,” I simply say, parting myself from her, breathing in the cool air, closing my eyes and jumping off the board, diving in headfirst before my head hit the water. I was completely submerged when there was another splash close me and I saw a pair of legs thrashing underwater. I swam to the top, pushing my hair back and spluttering the water in my mouth.