XXII. TROUBLE FINDS YOU

Start from the beginning

Rebekah scowled at her brother, not liking his sexist remark, and so, in retaliation, the blonde slammed the knife into Klaus' open hand, slicing it open.

"Agh! Bekah!" Klaus exclaimed in a mix between pain and shock as he grasped his hand, staring at the blood that poured from the open wound.

Rebekah smirked at her brother, "it's just a little blood, be a man about it," she taunted as she retreated out of the cave.

✧✦✧✦✧

Thea groaned as she stretched on the side-lines of the football pitch with Rebekah, her bones cracking and her head spinning after not getting much sleep the night before. After messaging Klaus, the wolf couldn't seem to get to sleep, knowing she had betrayed her friends. Whilst a part of her wanted to be selfish and follow her heart, she couldn't handle losing her friends or her brother as a consequence. It was too high a risk. Thea wanted to be with Klaus more than anything, but he needed to want her enough to change his murderous ways- especially when it came to her friends and she knew that he never would.

"You look rough. Don't tell me you're still hungover from the bonfire," Rebekah stated as she looked towards the wolf in slight disappointment at the thought that the brunette couldn't handle her drink. Thea rolled her eyes, as she bent down to touch her toes, stretching her back muscles as she turned her face to look towards the blonde, "didn't get much sleep last night. I was plagued by the memories of your family, once again," she told the original who stared at her in confusion.

"Stabbing your brother in the hand with a knife, who knew you had it in you Beks," the brunette mused with a small smirk as she stood back up, stretching her arms above her head. Rebekah stared at her in puzzlement, completely unaware of how Thea knew about an incident that happened over a thousand years ago, "what? How do you even know about that?" she questioned as she stood with her hands on her hips. The Lockwood shrugged, "something to do with the soulmate bond. Sometimes we see different memories the other has experienced," she explained before doing the splits, reaching down to grasp the end of her foot as Rebekah nodded at her interest.

"You know, I've been thinking that we should change some of the cheers," the blonde original said absentmindedly as she continued to stretch beside Thea, changing the subject of conversation. The wolf snorted at her statement, "good luck trying to convince Caroline, I've been trying to tell her for years," the brunette replied with a small laugh causing Rebekah to smirk. "See, great minds think alike. Probably has something to do with the fact that we're best friends- practically sister's in law," the original commented with a beaming smile on her face causing Thea to laugh loudly as she stood up from the ground.

"Aw, Beks! And you didn't even have to compel me," Thea exclaimed as she placed a hand over her heart, wiping away a fake tear with the other causing Rebekah to roll her eyes, pushing Thea's shoulder lightly. The pair laughed with each other, stopping when their eyes suddenly landed on Elena walking towards them. "You! Goody!" Rebekah smiled sarcastically with fake enthusiasm, causing the wolf to snort quietly in amusement.

"I was hoping we could talk," Elena stated sternly, causing Rebekah to roll her eyes, "about what? Stefan? Don't worry. I'm off him until he starts treating me better. In fact, you should probably take a page out of my book, if I'm being honest," Rebekah said with boredom. "Actually, I'd rather talk about this," the doppelganger replied as she help up a picture of Rebekah's name carved into a cave wall in runic. The same carved name that she had found yesterday in the cave with her uncle yesterday, and last night in her dream.

"I'm curious as to why you and Klaus have spent a thousand years running from your father," Elena taunted causing Thea to stare at her with a warning glare as she felt Rebekah tense at the side of her. Thea knew just how bad their father was, having seen and felt the fear he instilled in the siblings within her dreams. "I should get back to the girls. Homecoming is right around the corner," Rebekah growled, turning away from Elena as Thea stared at her friend in apprehension, not knowing why she was pushing the original when she hadn't done anything to her. "Well then, maybe I'll ask Mikael when we wake him," the doppelganger threatened, stopping Rebekah in her tracks.