"Hey Jack, look what I made," the sound of Crutchie's voice rang through the air. All the newsies turned to see that Crutchie, Jojo and Buttons had all finally showed up. "Good huh? STRIIIKE!" he yelled, holding up his crutch with a little strike banner.

"That's great," Race said walking up to him, before turning back to the others and said, "That's pitiful."

"Hey, don't be so quick to judge." Les said."Maybe Pulitzer will see it out of his window and feel sorry for us," Les said trying to have little optimization.

"Hey Specs. Any signs of reinforcements?" Jack asked. Specs had climbed up to the chalkboard platform keeping an eye out for anyone that might come to support them in their strike. But nothing. While that was going on Mush pulled Feister over to a quiet corner so he could talk to her about something that had been keeping him up at night. He looked her dead in the eyes as he said,"It might get a little rough in there."

Feister just stood there as she thought about what Mush had just said. The look in his eyes made her realize that this is serious stuff. "I can take care of myself," she replied firmly.

"I's know ya can," Mush replied. He took her hand into his and held it tight as he said, "Stay close ta me, alright? It'll make me feel better knowin' that yer safe." Feister nodded as she squeezed his hand for reassurance.

───── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────

"The sun is up, the birds is singing, it's a beautiful day to crack some heads," Weasel said as the newsies walked into the Distribution Center. "Ain't it boys, come and get ya papes." Just then three new kids walked in and each grabbed a small paper bundle and well...."Who are they?!" Feister yelled angrily.

"Scabs," Jack replied seriously

"They think they can just come in here and take our jobs!" Henry exclaimed angrily.

"C'mon boys, we can handle 'em!" Buttons added.

"Let's soak 'em!" no one could tell who said that. But it didn't stop them from getting ready to charge.

"WE ALL STAND TOGETHER OR WE DON'T STAND AT ALL!" Davey yelled stopping the newsies from doing anything rash. "Jack," Davey said as he looked at Jack to make sure he didn't do anything.

"I know, I hear ya." Jack replied before making a speech to convince the scabs not to sell the papers. After the somewhat long speech it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Everyone was still as a mouse. None of them dared make a move, or risk getting soaked on the spot. That is until Les took a few steps forward and said, "please." in hopes of convincing the scabs to join the strike.

Long story short the first scab dropped his papers. Then he convinced the second one to join. The third one took a little more convincing until... "Aw, what the heck, my fudda is gonna kill me anyway." With that the newsies had convinced all the scabs to join them in the fight for their rights.

That's when things started to get ugly. The Delanceys (in attempt to get the newsies to stop this nonsense) got Les and that's when things got bad. Les was slung on one of the Delanceys shoulders. It was hard to tell who it was because there was so much going on at the same time.

Jack and Davey ended up getting Les back while the newsies distracted them.

In the end Les got his revenge. (much to Davey's horror in how Les did it) Soon enough the Delanceys ran off and it looked like this strike was finally getting somewhere. In mid celebration Katherine had came with a cameraman, and told the boys to pose for a picture.

It was a hassle to get all the boys into one place and have them stand still. But after a few minutes the camera flash, and the man with the camera went off to go devolve the picture as soon as possible. "Strike!" Les yelled before ripping a paper, which was followed by more yelling and paper ripping from the other newsies and threw it in the air or at one another. There were hugs, and cheers all around.

"I can't believe this is happenin'," Feister said, as she wrapped her arms around Mush's neck to hug him tightly.

"Believe it Feisty," he replied while wrapping his arms around her. He picked her up and spun around before dropping her back on the ground and then, the two of them looked into each other's eyes. All the sounds of the other newsies had faded away.

Feister had started to feel something she never felt before. Instead of a burning feel in her stomach, it was almost like butterflies were fluttering around inside. Her heart wasn't dropping in sadness, it was racing, pounding out of her chest. Because Mush (her best friend since she was six!) was looking at her in a way that made her feel...she didn't know. All she knew was that she didn't want it to stop.

Mush swore that there was some sort of spark when he looked at her, and only her. He then cupped her face and he was about to do something he never thought he'd do. But then in the back of his mind Mush remembered that Feister likes some other boy. And this would out a doubt ruin their friendship.

Could he really risk losing her for good? But, Mush couldn't stop himself from wanting to kiss Feister right then and there. It just seemed right. Plus she wasn't pushing him away, so that counts for something. But still, was it really worth risking their friendship? It was putting everything on the line. Like cards in a poker game, you could either win big or lose it all. It seemed like time slowed down and stopped as they looked into each other's eyes.

While Feister was trying to come to the fact that this was happening, Mush was debating if it was worth the risk or not.

BAM! BAM!

Was what popped both of them out of their thoughts.

───── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────

*acts like Mush and Feister weren't about to kiss and walks away*