Chapter 10

It was a great victory for the Mystery gang, as a crowd of citizens had gathered outside cheering while the Evil Masked man had been arrested. 

"Mystery Inc, do you know the identity of the Evil Masked Figure behind it all?" A female news reported asked, while many reporters gathered around the gang. 

"Well, if you ask me," Fred started. "The Evil Masked Figure has got to be... none other than... Red Herring!"

The rest of main mystery gang all face-palmed to that. 

"Hey, Jones!" The Mystery gang's old childhood bully, Red Herring, now a full grown man appeared in the crowd. "I'm right here!"

"Oops" Fred said, embarrassed. 

"I guess some things never change" Jane shrugged to the kids. 

"If our hunch is correct, the Evil Masked Figure is..." Velma said, before she and Daphne removed the mask. 

"NO!" The Evil Masked Figure yelled, before his voice changed to a woman's and was revealed to be an all too familiar blonde reporter. 

"Heather Jasper-Howe" Daphne declared. 

Scooby and the kids nodded before looking confused. Everyone was even more confused when they saw Patrick appeared out of the crowd. 

"But she was at the museum when the Masked Figure was on the roof" Jacob recalled, confused.  

"True," Daphne started. "Lucky for her, she had an assistant helping along with her evil plans..."

Daphne soon pointed to a familiar cameraman in the crowd. "Ned!" 

Ned looked around to see that he was busted and tried to run away, but the cops grabbed him. 

"When I realized she was the Evil Masked Figure, he quickly changed into her costume" Daphne explained. 

"Ohh, that makes sense" The twins said. 

"But why did she do it?" Another reporter asked. 

"Because, Heather Jasper-Howe is actually..." Velma said before removing yet another mask, revealing it to be... "Doctor Jonathan Jacobo. The original Pterodactyl Ghost" 

Everyone was all in shocked with wide eyes and gaping mouths, being completely bewildered. 

"But how do you know this?" The female report asked. 

"A photo, taken of Jacobo in front of the Coolsonian" Velma showed everyone an old scrap of newspaper she found earlier in that secret room. "Jacobo supposedly died a year before construction even began" 

"So Jacobo survived that falloff the prison wall" David said. 

"He also adapted the false Heather Jasper-Howe persona to turn the press against us" Walter added. 

"Then he framed hideous Old Man Wickles by putting that book and The Black Knight Ghost in his mansion" Teeders mentioned. 

The police then started to take Jacobo away, while he and Wickles had a little spat about getting the lead role in My Fair Lady and stealing tater tots. 

Cynthia came over to the twins, covering their eyes. "You kids shouldn't have to see this" she was referring to Jacobo and Wickles weirder than weird argument. 

"And the real identity of Ned is..." Fred came up to the cameraman, grabbing the back of his head and yanked at it but it was no mask. "...Ned!" 

The kids felt awkward and embarrassed over Fred for having to do that. 

"I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling punks, little brats, and their dumb dog!" Jacobo shouted out, as he was taken away by the police. 

The crowd soon cheered for Mystery Inc on their victory. Kali along with the rest of the adventure kids all hugged Scooby while Jacob and the adults smiled, glad that they have solved another case.  

"You were a dude this whole time?" Ned asked Jacobo in confusing. 

"Of course, Dummkopf" Jacobo muttered. 

"But we cuddled" Ned frowned, feeling totally awkward now. 

"That's disturbing" The adventure kids thought. 

"Shaggy, can we get your photo in this?" A reporter asked, showing Captain Cutler's diving helmet. 

"Yes" Shaggy replied then put the diving helmet on, pretending to look scary. 

"You look scary, Uncle Shaggy" Ann said. 

"Rikes! Ronster!" Scooby panicked, grabbing a boom mic and beat Shaggy with it, thinking he was a real monster. 

"Scooby, wait!" Kali and the other adventure kids tried to tell the cowardly great dane. 

Shaggy then removed the helmet and smiled to his best friend. "Like, Scoob, it's me, man!" 

"Raggy!" Scooby beamed, running to his owner and knocking him over while licking his face. 

"You're such a good boy, Scooby" Kali came and petted the great dane, smiling proudly at him. 

"This calls for a celebration!" David declared. 

Later that night, the whole gang was at the night club having a party on their victory, along with a special guest star. 

"Sing it, Ruben!" Scooby said to the guest star, who was the famous celebrity singer Ruben Studdard.

Ruben started singing a song about how we're all shining stars while everyone started dancing. Walter and Jane danced together like the couple of lovers they were. Jacob danced with a few pretty girls he had met at the party. Even Cynthia and David danced together at one point. 

This was one of the best nights the adventure kids ever had. And their mysteries with Scooby Doo and the gang were far from over.....

They were just beginning.....

Scooby Dooby Doo! 

THE END