Chapter 4

The gang arrived back at Mystery Inc headquarters that evening, ready to put their research to good use. 

"I'm going to compare the glow of those footprints to the pterodactyl scale" Velma told the gang as they came back inside, heading straight to the lab. 

"And we'll check out Wickles' book" Walter said, heading with Fred, Daphne, Jane and Jacob.

Shaggy, Scooby and the adventure kids were soon left alone in the living room. 

"Guys, the Faux Ghost is an awesome clue" David whispered to the others. 

"Yeah" the others nodded. 

"But what do we do with it?" the twins asked.

"Ret's rolve the rystery" Scooby suggested.

"Yeah, Scoob" Kali agreed with the great dane. 

Shaggy shivered nervously while he gulped. "Like, I don't know about this, man"

"Oh, come on, Shaggy" Teeders encouraged the slacker. "If we solve the mystery by ourselves, it would certainly prove to the gang that we belong"

"And just what would that be proving yourselves to the gang that you belong?" the kids, Shaggy and Scooby froze as they heard a familiar voice who had overheard them. They turned around slowly and saw that they had been caught by Jacob. 

"Oh, Jacob!..." the adventure kids chuckled nervously to the sixteen-year-old boy. "...Hi"

Jacob folded his arms while looking to them suspiciously. "What's going on?"

"Nothing" the kids lied, trying to sound causal.  

"We, like, found a clue that could lead us into solving this mystery" Shaggy quickly told Jacob, while the others all glared slightly to him for being a tattletale.  

Jacob looked to the group sternly, specifically the adventure kids. "You know Mom won't approve of you guys sneaking out late at night past hours" he was obliviously being the responsible, yet very annoying overprotective big brother. 

"Oh, come on, Jacob" Kali insisted. "This could be the first time Uncle Shaggy and Scooby actually show the gang they're not screw-ups. And to prove that we actually belong in the gang" the stubborn tomboy was referring to herself and the other adventure kids. 

"And I already have a plan!" David announced. 

"Oh, boy. Do tell" Cynthia muttered sarcastically. 

"Okay. Step one: Don't panic" David told the others. 

"Like, why would we be panicking?" Shaggy asked him. 

"Reah" Scooby added.

"Really, that's a difficult question?" Ann muttered with sarcasm to the cowardly man and his dog. 

"That brings us to step two" David continued, soon showing them the computer. "Read this very alarming article I found about monsters, that will totally make you guys panic" 

The gang looked at the computer to see David had found a bunch of info on stuff like monster hunting. Most of it was pretty ridiculous. 

"Oh, yeah, David" Teeders deadpanned to her friend. "This site is totally reliable" 

Jacob then looked to the computer and soon smiled smugly, having an idea to tease Shaggy and Scooby. 

"Uh, oh! This could be bad for you guys" Jacob told the cowardly duo, pretending to look at another article, sounding worried.