First Birthday

A Year has gone since Olivia was born and it's coming to her first birthday. 
"Still no sign of Edmund!" Melody stomped her foot. 
Caspian sighed "Maybe he's busy or he doesn't know how to get back, remember you found out you were pregnant AFTER He left!" 
"Grumpy much?" Melody growled. 
"I am a little tired, Melody." He replied "I'm sorry for snapping." 
Melody sighed, Looking at her baby who's asleep on Caspian's bed. "At least someone can sleep." She went over and stroked her head softly. 
"Finally, if you ask me." Caspian joked, melody laughed a little. 
"It's her birthday in two days, I can't believe it's been a Year since I pushed this thing out of me." Melody laid next to her baby and stared at the ceiling. 
"A Year since the people thought you might die at childbirth" Caspian said.
Melody let out a chuckle "They were wrong." Melody yawned. "Very wrong." 
"Sleep, I can see to her if she wakes." Caspian walked over and put a blanket over her and gave her a pillow, since Melody was sleeping sideways on his bed. 
Melody smiled "Thanks, Caspian" She yawned again and fell asleep. 
Caspian smiled, making his way back to his study, smiling at his Sister and his Niece. So many has happened to him he was feeling grateful for this moment. 
Couple hours later, Olivia woke up.
"Hey gorgeous!" Caspian said picking her up. "Shh, don't say a word, mummy's sleeping, shall we let her sleep? Yeah!" Caspian smiled when she nodded. "Let's go" They left the room. 
Caspian and Olivia walk away, closing the door to go to the nursery to find her toys and play with her. 
Melody woke up five hours later, her hair a mess, she rolled over and quickly got up and sighed in relief when Olivia wasn't there, she was worried she might of accidentally rolled onto her. 
'She must of woken up before me' Melody thought to herself. 'Wonder where they are.' Melody got up and went to the nursery, empty. 'huh..Wonder where they are.' Melody went around the castle more, she finally found them outside playing on the playground that Caspian had installed for Olivia, Melody smiled and made her way down. "Hey!" Melody shouted. 
"Hey, There's mummy!" Caspian said to Olivia who giggled and started to walk/run towards Melody.
Melody ran closer and waited for her to go close and caught her "Yay, good girl!" Melody kissed her forehead, she picked her up and spinned her around "My little Lollipop!" Olivia laughed, Melody pulled her closer "Were you playing on the playground with Uncle Caspian?" Olivia nodded and smiled. "Did you tell him your the Queen and he's a peasent?" Olivia nodded again. "Good girl!" She smirked at Caspian 
Caspian laughed "She's one hurtful Queen." He winked at Mel who laughed. 
"Of course! She's my daughter!" She laughed, she kissed Olivia rapidly before putting her on the swing and pushing her. 

As the days went by, it was finally Olivia's first birthday! 
It wasn't much, It was Melody, Caspian and anyone who lives in the castle, Not many people. 
The Maids cooked a beautiful cake for the first Birthday. 
Melody made Olivia a pretty dress, she was so excited for it.
"Who's one?!" Melody gasped spinning her around "Who's one!"
Olivia laughing, "More" 
Melody giggled "more! OK!" Keeps spinning her around, "Whee!" 
Maid looked at Melody and Olivia, smiling. 
"My baby girl getting big!" Melody held her close to her chest and spinned around fast, like they were dancing. 
Caspian smiling, so proud. "I feel bad that Edmund has to miss this" 
"He'll return, hopefully soon, your Highness" the Maid replied to Caspian with a smile. 
"Hopefully before Olivia is too old and Melody dies." Caspian sighed. "Don't tell Melody I said that." 
The Maid giggled "I won't, Your Highness" 

"Happy Birthday to you, Olivia! Happy Birthday, Olivia!" They all sang as Olivia got cake all over her face, Melody put cake on her own face and Olivia laughed, "Happy Birthday baby girl!" Melody kissed her cheek. 

As the day turned to evening, Olivia started to yawn, she opened all of her presents. "Someone's tired." Melody had a baby voice and watched as her baby was falling asleep on Caspian, Melody started to cry. 
"Melody? Hey!" He put Olivia in her play cot and went to hug Melody "What's wrong" 
Melody was crying, tears steaming down her face. "Edmund is missing all of this and it's not fair! I don't think he's ever coming back, Caspian." 
"Aw, Melody!" He hugged her tightly. "Of course he will...Peter said they will be, It's just him and Susan that can't come back, I promise you, he will be back...One day.." Caspian tried telling Melody.
Melody looked at her baby that was now asleep. "I'm sure he will and he will be happy to meet his daughter." She smiled through her tears. "I know he will be."