24

If I titled my chapters I would name this one "The Stages Of Grief". I won't give away too much, but Hannah is...interesting in this chapter. Hope you enjoy!

"Hannah love, eat something you look ill," My mother said over our breakfast. I pulled my eyes away from the vacant backyard and looked at my mother and father who were looking at me with worry in their eyes. I hated worrying them so I forced a smile and forced down the now cold eggs. I was not hungry in the slightest even after missing all meals yesterday. I just laid in bed all day and played on my phone. I did not want my parents to realize my sudden sadness was in relation to William leaving so I blamed it on me missing my college friends. Which was a total lie, but being it was the last third of my break It made sense if I was becoming dorm-sick. I honestly didn't miss them too much and I was actually hating the thought of going back to school it just wasn't the best fit for me, but my father was so proud of me that I went to his alma mater.

I pushed my eggs around my plate some more till it appeared I had made a dent and then I left the table. I went back up to my room and I smiled as I saw the unmade bed that was begging me to get back in it. I crawled back under the covers that felt like a thousand pounds of warmth and I rolled up in them. I pulled my phone out and began to watch Netflix as time slipped past and distracted me from the pain in my heart.

The pain wouldn't go away no matter how much I tried. I tried to convince myself I hated him because I should for what he did. He left with no warning, not even a note. The note could have said "Bye Bitch" and I think I would feel less pain right now, but he left nothing. My mind hated me and rationalized what he did as to prevent my hatred for the man. I was convinced it was my fault for the pain because he warned me. He warned me he was going to leave and It was my choice to continue what we did. He really didn't do anything wrong. I guess I assumed he would have more grace and care with his departure and he would have respected what we had to at least say goodbye.

I thought over the last time I saw him a thousand times and I dissected every word that left his and those guys mouths. It was obvious he left so suddenly because of them, but why. It was weird seeing William scared. I honestly didn't think he could conjure that emotion, but those men made him do it. They had to be a big deal if their presence alone made him do that.

I looked through my mothers guest list and those men weren't invited. so somehow they figured out William was here and they knew about the party, but how?

I spun the questions in my head for two weeks, but it did nothing but make me stay in bed longer like it was my own world apart from the real one.

On day 14 A.W.L (after William left) I woke up from my bed and I felt a sense of anger cover me like a second skin. I couldn't shake it. My scowl wouldn't move no matter how hard I tried. I tried a cold shower, but the freezing drops seemed to sizzle off my burning hot skin that was caused by my rage.

I went to bed sad the night before wondering what I did wrong for William to leave, but now I was cursing that man up and down as I angerly got ready. Who does he think he is? Leaving me so suddenly? Fuck him!

That sadistic ass can suck my left tit if he thinks I'm just going to let this go!

I rarely got this mad and when I did, I got very crude so my inner self that was watching my rampage was very entertained at my colorful language and slightly cheering on this new person.

"Stupid no good shirt-" I was grumbled as I pulled at the tight fabric of my top. One of Margretts maid's probably messed it up in the laundry. Fuck her maids. I should tell Margrett to fire them! I rolled my eyes and stormed down the hallway. It was around noon, the normal time for me to wake up since A.W.L. I glanced in my parent's office as I walked by and I saw my father sitting at his desk.

Great my first prey! the angry beast inside of me shook with excitement to project my anger onto an unsuspecting victim.

If my father wasn't gone all the time he probably would have noticed William and I becoming close and would have fired him then none of this would have happened! If you think about it it's my father's fault too!

I stormed into his office with a brain full of crazy and I stood in front of his desk to see him signing a check with his stupid perfect signature. Ugh, we get it you have money! I gaged internally at how obnoxious he was being and put my hands on my hips. My father looked up and smiled at me.

"Hannah, good to see you out of your room," He said in a stupid friendly tone and I narrowed my eyes at him. He stuffed the check into a letter and licked it closed.

"Is it?"I said and gave him a sarcastic smile and he looked confused but shook his head like he didn't want to ask.

"I was just going to come to get you, why don't you take one of my cards and go shopping, might brighten your...mood" I began to roll my eyes, but what he said next stopped me, "While you're out will you take this letter to the post office," he held it out to me,"It's Mr.Arteaga's last paycheck," My eyes dilated as I looked down at the envelope and slowly took it from his hands.

William Arteaga

635 W 42nd St, New York, NY 10036

"New York?" I asked just to clarify he really would be there and my dad nodded.

"Yeah, the 'big apple'! I wished I would have remembered to pay him before he left, but I guess he'd expect the check around now since I normally pay him around this time. That-"

"Yeah yeah dad, cool," I cut him off as I still stared at the envelope. It was as if the envelope had begun to shine and angels began to sing. This is where he was! This is where all my questions could be answered, and more importantly, this is where I could personally find Mr.Cuntbag and give him a piece of my mind! I looked up with a fire in my eyes now and I smiled, "So where did you say your card was?"