Chapter 1

I wake up to my alarm going off at 4 am. I get up grab a white t-shirt and dark blue jeans. I got to the bathroom and take my clothes off. Then I see it all the marks he left on my body. I start to shake.

"M-mom." I call out. Its a month till the 2 year anniversary of what happened. People say it'll get easier but why doesn't it fell like its getting harder?

"Whats wrong Lucas?" My mom says and comes in to the bathroom. All i got off was my shirt. I think she understood because she hugged me. "He can't hurt you or anyone else ever again." She whispered.

I cried. I'm such a baby. I should've got over this by now.

"The anniversary is getting close do you want to skip school for that week?" She asks me washing my face off. I shake my head. I need to be strong. "Take your shower."

I take my shower and put on the white t-shirt and the dark blue jeans on. I run down stairs and make some toast. When its done I put some goat butter on it and eat it. I got to the bathroom brush my teeth, comb my hair, I put on deodorant, and spray some Cologne.

I run down stairs and put black tennis shoes on, I throw my black jacket on, and grab my black backpack.

"Bye mom love you!" I scream as I head to the door.

"Bye sweetie I'll be working at the hospital late tonight!" She calls out.

I head to the garage and grab my bike and its chains to chain it up at the bus stop. I ride to the bus stop. I chain my bike to a pole and wait for the bus.

When the bus gets there I climb on. I hear people whispering and chuckling. I sit next to my friend Taylor. We sit in the very back. I get the single seat and she gets the longer one.

"Morning." I say.

"Good morning!" She says cheerfully. "Did your mom tell you that shes picking you and me up early today?"

Taylor only has a dad. He took over my dads spot and my mom the same as her. For guardians their names are on our list.

"No, she told me she was working late..." I said confused.

"Hmmm." She said.

Were at lunch when a teacher comes over.

"You are both needed for early dismissal." He tells us. We get up and go.