Clock Counting Down

When I begin to wake up I feel a heavy pressure on my chest. My back is sore, and my body is squish between a puffy leather. I slowly open my eyes, adjusting to the brightness pouring in from the windows on all sides. Looking around I notice Alex on top of me, lazily smiling in his dream. His right arm is curling itself around me while the other dangles against the isle of the bus. I smile big, noticing the way his locks stick to his forehead and seem to reach out toward every direction. His eyes are closed, letting me see his lashes brush against his flush cheeks. The stubble on his jaw and neck begin to prick through my shirt and exposed belly, making me squirm a bit. He mumbles incoherent words before turning his head the other way, nuzzling his head against my stomach. I take this chance to gently run my fingers through his slightly damp hair, and relax back into the sofa.

"Boys, get the fuck up," the bus driver shouts to which all aboard the bus groan. I peek around the bus, seeing a few bodies in the floor and tossed into the bunks. Rian and Zack slowly emerge from their bunks and walk towards Alex and I. They grin and Rian continues on off the bus. A few other occupants decide now will be a good time to stretch and get fresh air, stumbling pass Zack.

"Alex, c'mon man," Zack begins before shaking Alex's limp body. A groan emerges along with morning breath, with a hint of alcohol from the night before, that crashes against my nose. I laugh and start shaking Alex as well.

"Fine fine fine," is all we hear as Alex pushes himself slowly off me and carefully stands. He rubs his eyes and yawns making Zack turn his head to avoid the morning breath too. I chuckle with Zack before Zack heads off the bus along with everyone else. Alex shakes his head and grabs my hand to get me up.

"Aw, like your breath doesn't stink in the morning," Alex tries to excuse.

"But we did not have 2 cups of coffee, a burrito, and some Funyuns either," I jokingly say as I adjust my clothing. Alex pouts, sleep still evident in his eyes and crazy hair. I smile and hug him tight, "it's okay, you're still amazing," I shyly confess before stepping off the bus as well. He grins and walks close behind me before the true sunlight pierces our eyes, making us shield them and run for cover like vampires. Last nights drinking and dancing left us all in disapproval of daytime.

It was the most fun I have ever had, so I would do it over despite the pain of the morning after. Alex and I kissed and hung out in the back lounge, dancing on occasion and talked about the times before all this. Alex told me about himself that I for the most part knew, but some other things that were not found on any website or social media account. He let me know that he was really looking forward to spending a week with me. I continued to let him know how shocked I was that this happened to me. He would laugh and caress my cheek, adoring how honest I was about the situation. He told me he disliked those who pretend to be who they are not because he gets enough of that every day. He says while his job requires him to deal with a lot of bullshit, he would not trade it for the world.

Alex grabs my arm to yank me out of fantasy land, and I look at him a little dumbfounded not knowing what just happened.

"From here we are taking my car to my house," Alex repeats for me.

"Awesome, where's your car?" Alex points over to the beautiful slick black car that made my heart drop.

"Damn," was all I had to say before running over to it and looking inside. Alex begins to laugh, waving off to Zack and Rian who get in their own vehicles to head home. The other bus occupants wave and hug goodbye, getting into a van and heading off with the tour bus. Guess they were the crew after all.

"Hop in," Alex encourages and I eagerly slide myself into the sports car of a life time. The seats were warm from sitting in the sun, but as soon as Alex turned on the AC it was like Alaska. I buckle up and look around the vehicle, admiring the various features and LED displays.

"I don't wanna know how much this cost."

"Too much to be proud of," he chuckles before speeding off toward the highway. I look around the city of Baltimore, the bustling roads and people. Alex revs the engine to get my attention, and we both smile at each other.

"You hungry?" Alex pipes up after a few miles down the road. We are singing to some rock music blasting through the speakers. The bass vibrating the vehicle in an electrifying way.

"I could go for some iHop," I say, licking my lips at the thought of having gooey syrup drenched on fluffy pancakes. Mmmm.

"Oh fuck man, you're making my mouth water," Alex states before quickly turning off the road toward pancake city. We both begin to cheer in excitement, racing off to enjoy some much needed breakfast.

* * *
I pat my stomach as I sigh from the over stuffing that Alex and I both had experienced. He sits slouched in front of me, lightly rubbing his stomach. I chuckle and smile at him.

"Hey, I was hungry."

"I know, but look at that thing, it's about to pop!"

"Jackie, baby, come give daddy some belly rubs," Alex pouts before we both start laughing. By this point I forgot who I was with completely. It's just me and an awesome guy. Before I had a huge crush on him, hell, I would go as far to say I would marry the man. Now, though, I really see him. This down to earth man who just enjoys life. He does not take things too seriously because there is no point. He laughs and plays just like any of us. He loves his music though, now that I can appreciate.

"Aww, Alex."

"I'm gonna die, Jack."

"No! Who's gonna take over All Time Low?" I whisper in a mock seriousness. He looks me in the eyes, slowly looking around to make sure no one is listening. He gets his face closer to mine, trying not to break into a smile.

"You, Jack. You gotta keep Zack and Rian up for me, okay?" I nod quickly.

"I promise to love all your fuck buddies, too," I joke in a serious tone. Alex only nods in approval before leaning back against the booth seat.

"I am free to die now," Alex says with a grin. Not able to hold much longer with both share a soft laugh at the goofiness we both have in common.

"But in seriousness, I don't do fuck buddies," Alex almost shyly retorts. I bite my lip at this, twiddling at my thumbs under the table. Sometimes we would get to points like this where we were both nervous to say what was on our mind, well, me really.

"What... uhm.. what do you do then, Alex?" His smile brightens and I notice him glance over his shoulder before looking me in the eye.

"I do dates. I do building relationships. If that goes good, then I do boyfriends." My breath hitches a little in my throat involuntarily. He chuckles and gets up, stretching his tiring arms and exposing that adorable food bump. I inwardly groan wanting to touch the happy trail going down towards his belt. He pats my head in disapproval, catching my stares. I grin at him, comfortable finally with all that is Alex. All that is us here and now. I hop up, dropping a few bills down as a tip as we head toward the cashier.

"That'll be $25.27," the young cashier states taking the bill Alex hands without glancing up. Her figure is plump, and her dark hair softly pulls back into a ponytail. She nervously glances up at Alex and her eyes widen a bit. Alex smiles a bit, handing her his card to pay. I can tell she is internally screaming as her shaky hands take the card, swiping it and handing it back.

"Alex Gaskarth?" She questions with a wide smile. Her face was a beautiful tan and her dark eyes radiate when looking at Alex. I can understand how she is feeling completely.

"The one and only," he chuckles before gong over to her and giving her a tight hug. She smiles even more, if that was possible, and hands him a piece of paper and pin afterwards. He scribbles his signature on the receipt before taking out a piece of his own from his pocket.

"Awww, Alex," I coo as she smiles at us both. He thoughtfully writes her a sweet message before signing it, handing it to her, and giving one last hug for the road.

"T-Thank you, Alex," she practically shouts as we head out toward the car. Alex turns around, waving back at her and we both know she will remember this for a long while. I know I will.

"Does that happen often?"

"Sometimes, it just depends on where we are," Alex replies as he takes my hand to walk toward the car.

"That was really sweet of you," I grin at him and he nods with a smile.

"I really think it's the best thing, Jack. I still can't believe it when it happens sometimes. I'm just so honored that I am where I am. That I have fans like that," he turns to look me in the eyes, "to have fans like you." My heart nearly stops at that last line.

I can only wonder if Alex is starting to feel the same as I am. Before I can get caught further in my questions, Alex pulls me into the car so he can give me a soft kiss. His hand cups my burning cheek, and I lean into him as both of our minds flare with fireworks. He pulls away slowly, giving a soft kiss to my cheek and buckles us up. I take that as a maybe and I smile big. As we head off towards our final destination, his home and mine for a week, I can not keep my eyes to myself. This man is one of the most honest and caring people that I have met. With his fans, with his friends, and with his life. I have never felt such desire towards one person, and this is not a fanboy talking. It's reality talking.

"Home, here we come," Alex shouts out the window before ducking his head back in to smile at me. That gorgeous smile is contagious for I start to smile too. It's so goofy, but so us. I am excited to see what goofy activities Alex will have for us. I am eager for more time to get to know each other.

"Home sweet home," I shout out the window in response. We both start laughing. I can feel my heart growing bigger for Alex. I can see the clock counting down towards loving him.