Little Pebble

Thorin glared at the door, his shoulders fell as he sighed. Why was he acting like this? All he was going to do is sweep the hobbit off his feet and into the mountain. But what if Bilbo refused? What if his hobbit deny the gifts Thorin would bestoe to him? No, Balin said Bilbo returned Thorin's feelings. But immediately Thorin's face dropped when he saw a small hobbit through the window. The small black headed child retreated from the window leaving Thorin to question everything he was doing there. As he turned around, he perked his head up when he heard a gasp. He turned his head to see his beautiful Bilbo Baggins crying slightly At the sight of the Dwarf king.

"Thorin." Bilbo's voice quivered. Thorin smiled lightly as he stepped towards the hobbit. His smile dropped to a pained expression when he saw the child from earlier gripping Bilbo's leg.

"I didn't realize you were married, Master Baggins." Thorin gazed at the child.

"What? No, I'm-- Oh, your mean Frodo." Bilbo picked up the child, "He's my nephew-- my heir. "

Thorin felt relieved then realized that Bilbo settled in the shire, with a child no less. He wouldn't be able to whisk Bilbo away.

"I... I brought you gifts... gifts for saving the company." Thorin brought out presents. Bilbo walked the trio inside, and he unwrapped each gift. Thorin shifted in his seat nervously. Bilbo smiled at the Dwarfan style crown he held. It's black bands surrounding a glowing gem-- Bilbo immediately noticed it was part of the Arkenstone. Thorin looked away "To remind you of our friendship..." Bilbo continued to study the garland, "And my undying affection for you." Bilbo instantly dropped the crown. Thorin dropped off the chair and onto his knees, "Please, Bilbo. I've fallen in love with the hobbit who loves his home, his plants, his books. I know we've had our hardships, but I have could never get you, and your words, out of my head. Please... marry me."

Bilbo's eyes widened. Him... marry Thorin Oakenshield. "Thorin, I don't know." Thorin slowly nodded and walked to his guest room. Bilbo could hear his sobbing. Frodo crept to Bilbo and dried his eyes, "Thank you, Frodo."

"Uncle, why didn't you accept Thorin's proposal?" Frodo tilted his head.

"We've had our hardships."

"But you love him! You two would be great together! I would enjoy having another uncle!"

"It's complicated."

"No it's not!" Frodo ran to Thorin's room, "Uncle Thorin!" Thorin's smiled when the youngling said Uncle, "Uncle Bilbo loved you and accepts!"

Oh for the love of-- FRODO!