Canine

Jimin groans and rolls onto his side. The couch he's on is not the same as a nest. He doesn't have soft furs surrounding him that he can wrap around his body. He doesn't have familiar scents or comfort. The fabric is scratchy against his skin and he frowns slightly. His nose catches scent of something delicious and he opens his eyes slowly. The sight of Jongin's den (or rather apartment as he's been informed) brings him no comfort.

Jimin sits up and looks down. Taemin offered to sleep on the floor since Jimin's bullet injury is still healing. Jimin had protested at first, insisting that he would be fine since the bullet had only grazed him, but Taemin wasn't the type of person to take no for an answer. Taemin doesn't look terribly comfortable where he lays curled in on himself and Jimin wishes there was room for both them on the couch at least. Jongin gave them both blankets and pillows, some of which they used to make Jiah a small nest of her own to rest in. Jimin's fur has been strewn with the other blankets. It seemed to finally give the child some comfort when she wanted to sleep.

Jimin follows his nose to where Jongin is preparing food. He watches curiously, unused to how this kind of food is made. He's used to roasting meat over a fire after skinning and gutting them. Pulling out machine made food from an ice box seems less time consuming, but unfamiliar nonetheless. 

"What is that?" Jimin points to a white and yellow food in a hot pan. There's no fire needed to make it warm however. He catches Jongin off guard and the human startles slightly.

"Hm? Eggs," Jongin answers. "Good morning."

Jongin instructs Jimin how to make a bottle of milk for Jiah. It's strange to Jimin that even mother's milk can be made artificially. It certainly doesn't smell like breast milk, but Jimin hops Jiah will accept it. He doesn't know what else they would feed her.

Jimin tests it on the pup. Jiah is confused by the bottle at first, but after a few attempts she understands and starts to drink. Jimin sighs in relief. He isn't sure if Jiah likes it or if she's too hungry to care that the milk isn't Taehyung's. 

Jiah finishes most of the bottle by the time Jongin says that breakfast is ready. Jimin gives Jiah some toys to keep herself entertained and heads to the table. He sits so that he can see Jiah without having to turn his head. His motherly instincts are strong considering all that's happened. He would be surprised if he let Jiah out of his sight anytime soon.

Jongin explains what all the food is to Jimin and Taemin. Eggs and bread and fruit. Definitely not what the wolves are used to. It's tasty nonetheless. Especially the sweet fruit and the jam put on bread.

"I have to work today," Jongin says half way through the meal. "But you're free to stay here while I'm gone."

"I want to try going out to the forest. See if I can track anyone down," Taemin says. He glances to Jimin. Jimin can see all the mixed emotions in the omega's eyes. Taemin is afraid but he isn't a coward. He'll go running back into their woods even if he knows he'll only find fresh blood and broken bodies.

"You want to go back there? Even after..." Jongin trails off.

"I have to. What if some of our pack is hurt? Not all of them would've found help." Taemin takes a drink of fruit juice. He stares at a spot on the table, voice dropping. "Besides, Jiah's parents need to know she's okay."

Jimin looks at the pup. She has a circular toy in her mouth as she throws around a stuffed wolf. She seems happy enough for the time being, curious at the very least. But her parents don't even know if she's alive. Or if Jimin's alive. They must be worried to death. Jimin's scent sours as he thinks of them.

"If you find anyone, you can bring them here," Jongin offers. "I'll try to see if I can find any support shelters for you guys. They'll be able to help you more than I can. And some of your friends might have found their way there."