Sugar and salt

I did hide, hide with few others in a small room. Most of them were guest, young girls and their mothers in most beautiful dresses, shacking as crazy. Their men most be fighting for their lives, scanning the room and guessing I am only one clam.

Call me crazy or stupid but I started to hum on a lullaby, they were claiming. But as I had grown out of them I could only parts of texts.

Cares you know not,
Therefore sleep,
While over you a watch I'll keep.
Sleep,
Pretty darling,
Do not cry,
And I will sing a lullaby.

It started low, but didn't take long before they started to listen. at least I could do something, not cracking as my mind still were telling me that it was all a dream.

Lullaby and goodnight, with roses bedight
With lilies o'er spread is baby's wee bed
Lay thee down now and rest, may thy slumber be blessed

Angels watching, e'er around thee,
All through the night
Midnight slumber close surround thee,
All through the night
Soft the drowsy hours are creeping,
Hill and dale in slumber sleeping
I my loved ones' watch am keeping,
All through the night

They looked clam at me, smiled and gave a slight nodd. Like giving me thanks that they didn't wanted to admit.

Children had somehow fallen asleep of all the stress as the sword crashes stopped. Someone opened up the hidden door, a darf.

"Every.." he never finished it of as a sword were stabbed through his armour.

"Bastard!" Before sliding of, dead.

Call me crazy or stupid, but I took this fallen darf sword and made a run at the orc.

He looked suprised at me as the sword went through him, before slamming me in to the nearest wall.

Stumbled a few times before he to was dead, letting the sword cut slightly at my arm as he let go of it in a desperate move.

My head was spinning from the wall meeting of mine, letting me only see blurry people around. Someone was bandaging my arm, it wasn't without pain to say it so.

Picked slowly up, lied down on something and were on the move. I am not proud of this, but I pukes in the castle. It is going to leave a nasty smell for sure.

"Were is she?!" A voice called out, still on the move.

They stopped walking as I felt someone take my small arms in some big arms.

"My dear.." I couldn't see in the blurr, and moving my head to the side made everything worse.  So fast as I had moved my head an inch to the side I were looking back up.

"Please, look extra good after her....."
I suddenly felt worse.

"It's the poison from the sword, it's getting to her."