Chapter 5

You'll notice in this chapter I introduce the characters by first and last name but have Miyuki call them by their last and talk about them in the passage by their first. Sorry if you get confused!

Unedited

  "Come on little listener! Don't be mad at me!"

  Miyuki blankly stared at Hizashi from the sofa, arms folded and ears slightly turned down. Shota was sitting on the opposite couch, a smirk hidden behind the book he was half reading. Hizashi turned his gaze toward the ravenette male-

  "Shota help me out here, please?"

  "Miyuki stop being mad at him," Shota chuckles.

  "No," Miyuki hotly responds.

  Hizashi all but crumbles to the floor and cries, comical tears falling down his face as mere mumbles fall from his lips. Miyuki moves her gaze from her currently pathetic uncle and sets her sights on the snow outside. Shota follows her gaze before going back to his book.

  "Papa, can I go outside?"

  "Be back before dark," Shota shrugs.

  Miyuki nods before going into her room to get dressed. She exchanged her pajamas for s black long sleeved shirt, black skirt with black tights underneath, a white belt around her hips, a white trench coat, and some white snow boots.

  As she walks toward the door Hizashi whine's become louder and Shota tossed the blonde's phone at her. Miyuki gives him a confused look but he just shoos her away. Still confused, Miyuki just shoved the thing in her pocket and walked out the door.

  "Shota how could you," Hizashi gasps.

  "Your own damn fault, deal with the consequences."

~~~

  Snow softly crunched under Miyuki's small feet, her tail wrapped tightly around her stomach. While it was her idea to go outside, her feline side was freezing her butt off, but she didn't mind. There was something about the snow that she enjoyed, perhaps that is why she doesn't mind being in it.

  Her eyes wondered to a field she was passing. She felt the corners of her lips twitch at the sight of footprints and messy snow. Just the day before, when the snow first fell, Hizashi had managed to not only get her out into the snow but Shota as well.

  Hizashi had a sled the he'd pull her around on, Shota just stood back and watched till the blond ran into him. While those two were arguing Miyuki made two snow balls and threw them, one hitting Shota in the back, Hizashi was laughing until one hit him in the face. Both turned toward her only to see the girl running, waddling, in the opposite direction. This started a snow ball fight, and while Miyuki was good at dodging, the cold nearly had her frozen.

  Miyuki continued to walking as her tail slightly moved against her stomach. So maybe she wasn't as mad at the blond as she seemed. Still mad at him, but not as much.

~~~

  Miyuki wasn't too sure where she was. She'd been walking without much thought as to where she was going per-say. So far, all she sees is tall gates and big houses.

  "Hello!"

  Being lost wasn't exactly something that happened often to Miyuki, she'd seen most of the surrounding area.

  "Excuse me!"

  Miyuki blinked a few times and looked around, was that voice talking to her? Turning around, her eyes landed on a girl behind one of the tall fences, her cheeks red from the cold and eyes shining at being acknowledged.