Single Awareness Day! Special

Unedited

  Miyuki couldn't say she ever under stood her uncle's way of thinking, but she liked to think that no one did. So when he quietly snuck into her Papa's room and slowly unraveled her from her Papa's arms at six in the morning, she wasn't all that surprised. At least he had been quite about it. 

  Now the two walked, well Hizashi did, Miyuki was still curled up in his arms on a thin line of sleep and consciousness. 

  "Do you think we should get him some flowers?" Hizashi questions. 

  "They'd be dead within a day, Papa's not good at caring for things," Miyuki mutters. 

  "He's doing a pretty good job with you," Hizashi points out.

  Miyuki said nothing, opting to stare out over the blond man's shoulder. He wasn't wrong, Shota was doing a decent job at raising her, with his help of course. 

  "How about we start off with a card first, then we can think of other gifts aside from the traditional ones," Hizashi suggests. 

  "Why don't we just give him a pigeon?" Miyuki asks.

  "What's he gonna do with a pigeon?" 

  "Eat it."

  "We are not giving your dad a dead pigeon!"

~~~

  The two had made quite a few stops, not really buying much other than two card, one from each of them, and a bouquet of red carnations and roses. Miyuki thought it was a beautiful mix of flowers but she chose them specifically for their meaning. 

  She walked a little ways behind Hizashi, who was muttering to himself about what they should get Shota, because clearly Miyuki planned to give him a dead animal of some sort. Miyuki had her eyes solely focused on the flowers in front of her, not wanting to risk anything happening to them. Sure she had gotten him a card and planned to sneak away to catch Shota a pigeon for his second gift, but she still didn't want anything to happen to the flowers. 

  The had come to a stop at a street crossing. Miyuki finally took the time to look away from the bouquet, she stared up at Hizashi's back, silently wondering what she should get him. She turned her head around, looking for any form of inspiration or an anime, either one. However, instead her eyes caught sight of a man sitting on a bench not too far from them. 

  Miyuki would have ignored him but his expression made her walk toward him. He looked to be a middle-aged male with brown short hair and thick rimmed glasses in a grey suit without his coat. What had caught her attention was the way he looked at the ground as though his life had just ended. 

  Before she knew it, she was standing in front of the man and waiting for him to notice her presence. When he does, his head slowly lifts up and his dead gold eyes stare at her. Miyuki wasn't too sure what had possessed her to come over to the man but she tilted her head at him anyways. 

  "Why do you look dead?" Miyuki bluntly asks. 

  "...apparently my girlfriend- ex, doesn't love me as much as I love her," the man mutters. 

  Miyuki didn't really understand what the man had said, she knew what he said but she couldn't quite grasp its meaning. 

  "If the feelings are mutual, the effort will be equal."

 She wasn't really sure why that quote had popped into her head, but it did. She pulled a rose from the bouquet and held it out for the man. He blinked owlishly at the rose, slowly taking it from her hand and holding it down slightly away from his face.