Chapter 3

Unedited 

  Silence. 

  It wasn't an unusual sound in the Aizawa residence, in fact it was an everyday occurrence. Whether the two family members were sleeping or simply enjoying each other's company, either way, there was never much sound coming from them. Yet today's silence was a little more, tense, I suppose. 

  "Miyuki."

  "Papa."

  "Hizashi!"

  The two Aizawa's ignored the blond, both not really understanding why he was even there, yet neither moving to tell him to leave. 

  "Why did you leave Hizashi's house last night?" Shota asks. 

  There was another long stretch of silence. Miyuki wasn't even looking at Shota anymore, finding her tail much more entertaining. 

  "Well Mi-chan, as much as I want to help you, this is one argument I can't be in. I'll see you two later!" Hizashi says as he bolts out the door. 

  Neither made a move to stop Hizashi, but Miyuki did flinch when the door slammed shut. 

  "Miyuki."

  Said girl flinches once more, her ears tilting down in submission as she slowly begins to cave in. Shota momentary softened his gaze when she resembled a hurt kitten, which she was, but then he remembered why he was even standing here and hardens his gaze once more.

  "Are you mad at me?" Miyuki asks in a small voice. 

  "Of course I am, you left Hizashi's house in the middle of the night, without him or me at your side. Do you understand how dangerous that is?" Shota scolds. 

  "Of course I do Papa, the streets were my home for most of my life," Miyuki responds. 

  That seemed to hit a cord in Shota, making him sigh and run a rough hand through his hair. No one said raising a child was going to be easy, and no one ever mentioned raising a child from the streets was.... well... like this! Damn this and everything else. Shota crouched down in front of Miyuki, forcing her to look at him. He was glad Hizashi left when he did, he was only a big softy in front of her and no one else. 

 "Yes I'm mad at you Kitten, but that's only because I was worried. I know that's where you lived but you live here now, and if I can protect you, that's what I do, I'm a hero, but most importantly I'm your dad and I'll do everything in my power to protect you," Shota says. 

  When Shota finally looked at Miyuki again she had tears streaming down her face. He went stiff as a board, not really knowing what to do.

  "Uh-" 

  "I'm sorry Papa," Miyuki sobs, "I didn't mean to make you worry, I just heard the woman yelling and wanted to see if she was okay, I just know what its like to feel helpless and scared and-"

  Miyuki just broke down crying, Shota became even more awkward. He wasn't sure how to deal with emotional people, he was barely able to deal with Hizashi was he got all emotional and shit. But this was his daughter he was dealing with, she wasn't just some regular person he had come in contact with or even a victim he had just saved. Now he kind of wished the loud blond was still there so he could tell him what to do. 

  He just watched for a few seconds as she bawled her eyes out, still unknowing as of what to do. Hesitantly he reached his hand out and pulled her into his arms, thinking back to all the times Hizashi had hugged their crying victims. Miyuki easily curled herself into him, seeking comfort in his warmth, a warmth that she had long forgotten.